Frontal Lobe Epilepsy and surgery?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jemsister

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the frontal lobe is a place they can do epilepsy surgery, or should I give up the surgery dream?

In other news, it is SO good to be home! I was so stir crazy after my stay that me and Hubs went out to lunch and then browsed a couple of stores before going home. I got a new book and a couple of new shirts (they were on our shopping list). So that was nice. Normally I go to church, but I wanted to sleep in today, so Hubs went without me. So here I am at home.

Last edited:
So then it is probably a last resort option, I take it? Checking out the link. Thanks!

If you've tried many meds and none have controlled your seizures at all, then yes, it is a last resort, IMO. There are multiple risks to brain surgery!

The frontal lobes are responsible for certain kinds of behavior, and patients who have a frontal lobectomy risk experiencing changes in this behavior. Personality, motivation, the ability to plan and follow a process with several steps, the ability to organize actions over time, social graces, and the ability to behave appropriately for the social situation are the areas of behavior that may be affected. Some mild changes in these areas may have begun before the surgery, as a result of the seizures that began in the frontal lobes.

~Howard L. Weiner, M.D.

Yeah, that part definitely puts me off. Hoping the Vimpat and Lamictal are enough! =/

Back
Top Bottom