General malaise?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nyere

New
Reaction score
Does anyone else get a feeling of general malaise with their seizures? It's like... a whole-body feeling and it just makes you tired and sort of sick but not sick enough to sleep all day... Just sort of... bad?

On days when i had multiple seizures (complex partial) I would feel dragged out and exhausted. I would call it malaise because I didn't really feel sick, just so, so tired.

That's an excellent way of describing the post-ictal feeling I get. After a heavy one I'll sleep, but then the feeling after that/next day sounds very similar. I usually describe it as being run over by a train lol

After a lighter one, where I don't really need to sleep, that describes it perfectly. There seems to be nothing I can do to avert it, just curl up and feel bad.

Depending on whether it was a CP or a TC. If it was a TC, I usually end up with a horrid headache the rest of the day, maybe two days, and want to sleep it off. I feel I was hit by a semi-truck. If it's just a CP, I sometimes feel crappy the rest of the day, no energy.

Does anyone else get a feeling of general malaise with their seizures? It's like... a whole-body feeling and it just makes you tired and sort of sick but not sick enough to sleep all day... Just sort of... bad?

yes,I'm going through it right now. I did leave work early Thursday but I struggled through Wed. and Fri. Thankfully it's Saturday and I can lie around all I want.

Back
Top Bottom