Getting ready for your appt

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I do this and it saves alot of time to discuess things with the dr than wasting the first 10 min or so going over these details.

I usually type it up on my computer.

I write down all the meds that I take, the dosages, the times during the day and if I will need any refills. Even the non epilepsy ones. I also bring the pill bottles incase he needs to look at something on them.

I write down all the sezs that I have had. What I was doing during the sez, how long it lasted and anything else I thought might be relevant that he would want to know.

I write down any other dr visits that I had gone to with the dr name and phone number. What I had gone to see the dr for and if he had perscribed any meds.

I write down any questions that I want to ask him so that I don't end up driving home in the car and realized there was something that I needed to say.

You can't believe how much time this saves to talk about more important things!

Good advice! I did this last time too for my neurodoc visit -- had it all typed up on a sheet. And I still forgot to mention one thing: that my mother had multiple sclerosis.

It's in no way related to my issues in the slightest but it still bugged me the rest of the day that I had even printed it and still forgot to say it during my quick run-down.
Oh well. At least I remembered everything else!

Very good reminder!

It's a great list, and most doctors will appreciate it too.

I usually go 3-6 months between my appointments. I keep an ongoing list with me in my purse that I can add to it whenever I think of something.

Back
Top Bottom