Getting these complex partials under control

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

k1_

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

First of all I'm happy I have found a place where I can meet people with a condition like mine and understand what it's like. Hope to get to know everyone better.

Ok, for the past 5 years I have not been taking it serious to get my epilepsy undercontrol.
For example bad sleeping habits (some nights I sleep at 3am to 8am), not drinking much water during the day. I currently on Epilim EC500 sodium valproate 500mg. I take 3 tablets in the morning and 3 tablets at night. I also take LAMITICAL LAMOTRIGINE 25 mg. 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets at night.

Now will changing my sleep habits to 8 hours a day ( e.g 11pm to 7am) and getting 3 Litres of water in me each day reduce my complex partials. I average 2 complex partials a week. Also I eat alot of takeouts and fatty food. Even take outs for breakfast. Does reducing fatty food help with reducing complex partial seizures?

I personally don't pay much attention to my diet besides vitamins and minerals, but I do know a few people who have gone a ketogenic diet to help control seizures, which is actually high fat, low carb diet.

I believe in maximizing the body's ability to take of itself when it comes to dealing with chronic conditions. For me this includes eating healthy foods, exercising and keeping a healthy weight. As we all know unhealthy eating, lack of exercise and excess weight cause many health problems and if one's body is in an unhealthy state, how can we expect it to function the way we want it to. I know for me that if I haven't been eating a healthy diet for even a couple of days I am more likely to have auras or a seizure, and if I have been unable to exercise regularly for even just 4 or 5 days I am more likely to have a seizure.

I just wanted to add a little to what has been posted. You have noticed that regular sleep has helped. Some are also bothered by caffeine in coffee or other beverages, diet beverages because of artificial sweeteners (me). Eating a healthy diet which for most does include healthy fats as in olive oil, is definitely something I am always trying to improve on.

Back
Top Bottom