Going to ER soon not sure what to expect.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vapour

New
Reaction score
Not sure if I will recieve any replies before I leave... hopefully I will.

I am not currently having seizures.

However I discovered yesterday after using up all my meds and going to to county USC where i just got into epilepsy clinic there.. that even though its county i still have to pay for medicine.

Its almost $1500 for a month.

So, Im out and I cannot afford anymore.

I have been almost 2 days recently with no medicine and realize I cant go through that at home again.

So i am going to the Ecounty ER, not sure if I can get them covered if I go through the ER... or if I will have to detox there in the waiting room until its all out my system.

I realize im unsafe off meds.. but even more unsafe coming off them cold turkey.

Good luck Vapour, I hope you work something out about the meds.

OH hun..hope you have someone with you..do you?

Ask to see a social worker to apply for t19 ...if you have children its faster..but if you are in a hospital setting they can expedite it sometimes. Not an ER but inpatient. I mean THEY want to get paid too.

This just breaks my heart for you. Are there any free clinics?

HUGS

Jan

Got it sorted .. got my meds.

I am new in the county system with regards to my Neurologist.

So, getting the program to cover the medicines.

Got my medicine wavered today as it was my first time using my scripts at county..

have the rest of the month to get the program... was all explained to me.

thankful.. was wondering whether i would have to detox... grrrr

Vapour,

I'm so glad you got this straightened around. Going off your meds cold turkey would have been terrible.

You saw the string on When You Can't Afford Medication? The income restrictions most manufacturers set to help are pretty generous. You may be able to get your meds free through them, too.

Stay well.

scary situation... I am glad it was figured out.

Back
Top Bottom