This is going to sound weird . . .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

masterjen

New
Reaction score
It is definitely strange to me anyhow.

A short while ago I was sitting near a fan, and had to move because the feel of the constant wind pulses were giving me pre-seizure sensations. It was just so odd I put it out of mind, and figured it had to be something else coincidently going on at the same time.
Then today I was riding in a convertible, and got preseizure sensations again. Similar to the fan, there were almost rhythmic and continuous puffs of air against me as we drove. Solved the problem by putting the windows up. We kept the top down so there was still lots of open blowing air, but the puffs of air stopped - and so did the pre-seizure sensations.
To me this is the strangest thing. Maybe you folks know an explanation??

I thought I had read somewhere that aura meant wind or air. I looked up a definition, and lo and behold, that's kind of the meaning of it. So the wind and air are auras causing auras which could lead to a seizure. Kind of . . . Here's the definition and the link:

Aura as relates to pathology . a sensation, as of lights or a current of warm or cold air, preceding an attack of migraine or epilepsy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aura

I'm the same. The dr tried to tell me I was having non epileptic seizures in December because of this. Thanks to my very scary mother he got put in his place and explained that this goes on in epilepsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emily - so you've had this experience with air blowing as well? It seems it happens when it is a pattern of puffs of air, right?! I finally got an explanation of this from the nurse at the epilepsy clinic. She called to remind me of an upcoming appt, and it gave me the chance to ask about what I'd experienced. She said it could be somatosensory reflex seizures (except mine didn't go into a seizure; just the aura) and that she will leave a note for my neurologist to discuss this further when I see her in a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom