Got through Night 1 of Melatonin!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Last night I tried the Melatonin for the first time! Within half an hour, my eyes felt so heavy, I couldnt keep them open much longer! I went to lay down and was out like a light! :) It felt good not having to struggle to get to sleep. Some nights are better than others, but I have alot of nights where I just cant fall asleep. Last night felt good... I think I got to sleep by 9:30pm... and slept til 6:50am when the alarm went off. I felt ok this morning, alittle tired, but nothing bad. Im hoping this works good for me! :)

That's great -- I hope it continues to help with your sleep. A little melatonin can go a long way (and too much can sometimes cause seizures), so be careful with your dose.

Thanks! I picked up a bottle of the 3mg tablets. So I will be watching out for any bad signs. :)

Yeah, it's great. I use the 5mg and it works wonders for me. I pray this continues to help you out! :)

Gosh I dont think I can handle the 5mgs! I had trouble this morning keeping my eyes open just taking a 3mg tablet!

You could try taking 1/2 tablet to see if you can get the restful sleep without the drowsiness in the morning.

Great to hear you had a good response!

You could try taking 1/2 tablet to see if you can get the restful sleep without the drowsiness in the morning.

Great to hear you had a good response!

Yeah thats what Im thinking about doing tonight. I had no trouble sleeping last night, but I had trouble trying to stay awake this morning. I had to get some caffiene in me before it hit 1pm. So tonight Im going to break it in half and see if that helps.

Gosh I dont think I can handle the 5mgs! I had trouble this morning keeping my eyes open just taking a 3mg tablet!

I am guessing that you don't weigh as much as me. Typically the more you weigh the more MG of medicine you can handle. I've tried the 3MG and it really doesn't help much. I'm glad you have found something to help you sleep though, a good nights rest is very important! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom