had an aura smell today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
went to a gas station, while walking in, i smell grape soda, weirdest thing I do drink it but maybe a can or 2 every other month if that lol, so I start looking on the ground in the trash cans (people prob think I'm crazy so after I'm done inside I ask my wife to go out and smell and se if she smells it too, and she does and she says "nope must be your auras are coming back" this is the 1st one in 27 days.
Anyone else had this smell before?

Mike

Not grape soda, but I've had a lot of smells come and go from my partials.
But I don't drink soda and when I have I guess I never paid attention to the smell... :?

I smell a bleach-like chemical smell a lot, and every once in a rare while I'll smell coffee. Other ones that show up are the smell of sulfur, the smell of cherry pipe tobacco, and a few times I've smelled what I can only describe as the blood/liquids that come off of an uncooked deer roast that's being unfrozen to be cooked. It's a distinct smell but I'm not sure how exactly to describe it. It's an okay smell if you're actually making deer roast for supper, but not that pleasant at 2 AM.

Thanks Silat at least I'm not the only one whos smelling things I get the fruity smells like jolly rqancher smells or candy smells have been the most common that I remmeber right now.
Thanks and will kepp everyone updated, after my new neuro who I also is a neuro shrink which is a big plus since I had a tbi wish me luck tomorrow!

Mike

I get the fruity smells like jolly rqancher smells or candy smells have been the most common that I remmeber right now.

Would you... happen to want to trade? :D

Keep us updated! And I hope everything goes great and you begin to get some answers!

If I could my friend, there are times I wish certian things never happened to anyof us after looking up this new guy i' mseeing tomorrow the more I'm looking forward to it since he's a better fit hopefully I get better answers and he's been doing this for about 30 years now so alot longer than the guy I've been seeing rofl, I'm (I think) older than my current neuro!
mike
and will update everyone tomorrow

Gosh all of you with the citrus and candy smells are lucky!! I smell this scent that I can only describe as eggs set on fire haha. It's just a horrid scent. I haven't eaten eggs in years because of it.

I sometimes get others (but not a lot) but cant every describe them in words due to word finding issues ugggg and grr lol but 95% of the time its candy smells and janinestarr i feel bad for ya I love eggs and if I had that happen to me and i couldnt eat eggs due to that I'd go nuts.

Mike

eggs set on fire.

My god that sounds terrible, I love eggs. I once cracked a rotten egg on a skillet and it was like the devil farted in my kitchen. I ran outside and threw the whole thing in the dumpster.

I smell campfire mostly and sometimes cigarettes. I guess I have it good, but I love the smell of campfire and now can’t trust it. I figure after 3 good wiffs, it must be real and if it isn’t, I don’t care. It’s real enough to me. Sometimes I get this sensation that can only be described as the feeling when you get water up the nose. I have had that one since I was a little kid.

Back
Top Bottom