Had a bad day

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Yesterday, I had a seizure at school. I feel really embarrassed. I couldnt go in today, I still feel weak and sort of disoriented. Im really embarrassed. This is my first in a long time. I forgot my meds the night before and took them as soon as I woke up but I quess it was too late.

Aw, I'm so sorry l_f, I hope you feel better soon. If it's anything like here temperature-wise (90s), it's not a bad day to be lying down at home. Stay cool, make sure to stay hydrated....

Sorry, little fruitcake. That was a bad day. Be easy on yourself and take a day to rest. It'll all be better soon. I'm hoping that people will understand - no need to be embarrassed.

had a bad day

its been two days now and I really need to go back to school but I still feel soooo weak. I'm resting as much as possible. I'm sad.

Make sure you are getting enough to eat and drink (I know, that's tough in the post-seizure days). It will help you start to feel better. The resting is good for you -- your body needs to heal.

I remember going through similar experiences when I was younger.. My first grand-mal was in band class.. I was 14. I remember feeling emberassed, scared to go back to school, I even quit band (what a mistake!). Hang in there, dont be too hard on yourself. There is nothing we can do to erase/change what's going on.. just deal with it the best way we know how. Just keep moving, one foot in front of the other. In other words, one day at a time!

I am sorry to hear this. I had a few seizures in school but tried to leave as soon as I got the aura. My interpreters would usually be able to tell an Aura because I would loose focus or not be able to respond as well.
One time in my college class, I tried to leave and asked my interpreters to please let my teacher know that I'm leaving due to a seizure coming on.
She pulled the table away, where I was sitting at as if I was going to move around a lot or go into a GM which I don't have. Just CP/complex partials. She then dismissed class 30min early and I found myself with EMS in another building as people passed me by. Probably wondering what happened with me. I refused to go to the hospital just to sit there for 4hrs doing nothing..

Sorry for your seizure happening in school- its never good. Its always embarassing..

Take care
Crystal and her guide dog Umbro

Back
Top Bottom