had a seizure in car w/hubby this morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
It's starting to happen again more frequently my seizures, Now I was just riding in the car with my DH and went into a complex partial that lasted about 3 minutes he said. I remember everything that happened and it just freaked me out.

I had a complex partial this afternoon where I think I remember just about everything that happened during it. I'm not positive though because I was in the room alone when it happened and my husband was in bed sleeping.

I'm not sure if it was asleep or awake when it happened but I got off the couch and started looking all over the house for "She". I don't know who the "She" was that I was looking for. My husband was in the bedroom asleep and when I opened the door I asked him where "She" was then left the room and started looking in the house again. He came out and got me to sit down until I came out of the seizure. I'm just glad that "She" wasn't in the bedroom with him! :roflmao:

I had another complex partial a few years ago too that pretty much I remember everything I did during it.

Belinda, I am sorry to hear that your seizures are increasing.

I do not recommend coconut oil because it has a lot of saturated fat. I cannot have it because of my Type 2 Diabetes.

I hope your doctor can help you with your seizures. Keep me updated.:hugs:

Hi Ruth,

Coconut oil has gotten an unfair rap and you might want to update your science (or your doctor's) on this. (Though I'm not sure why c-nut oil even came up on this thread).

Using a diet rich in natural saturated fats including the MCT's found in coconut oil, I cured my Dad of type 2 diabetes. I don't know who told you it was bad for you but I hope you can give that a re-examination.

Evidence from randomised controlled trials did not support the introduction of dietary fat guidelines in 1977 and 1983: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Open Heart, BMJ Publishing Group Limited 9 February 2015

Saturated fat is not the major issue
British Medical Journal, 2013 October 22, 347:f6340

Dietary Fats and Health: Dietary Recommendations in the Context of Scientific Evidence
Advances in Nutrition, 2013 May 1;4(3):294-302

Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease.
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2010 Mar;91(3):535-46.

Food Choices and Coronary Heart Disease: A Population Based Cohort Study of Rural Swedish Men with 12 Years of Follow-up
Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2009, 6, 2626-2638

Saturated fat prevents coronary artery disease? An American paradox
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 80, No. 5, 1102-1103, November 2004

Results of use of metformin and replacement of starch with saturated fat in diets of patients with type 2 diabetes.
Endocr Pract 2002 May-Jun;8(3):177-83

- See more at: http://coconutoil.com/peer_reviewed/#sthash.RVBkqF9u.dpuf

AlohaBird, I have had diabetes type 2 for over 20 years. Everytime I eat saturated fat, my bad cholesterol and triglycerides go sky high.

Everyone is different. What works for you does not work for me.

Let's not get into an argument over it. I am glad that it works for you.

Belinda, I hope you are feeling better. Are you feeling better now?

:hugs:

Just like the anti-alternative therapy folks are always saying it's fine to say what worked for you as long as you don't generalize that to it WILL work for everyone, the same goes for saying something does not work for you.

If I misunderstood what you said to mean that people with type 2D can't/shouldn't have coconut oil as opposed to saying that in your particular case and with your particular body chemistry, coconut oil doesn't agree with you, my apologies.

I too am hoping Belinda is feeling better and have no idea why c-nut oil was even on this thread in the first place.

If I misunderstood what you said to mean that people with type 2D can't/shouldn't have coconut oil as opposed to saying that in your particular case and with your particular body chemistry, coconut oil doesn't agree with you, my apologies.

Apologies accepted. Subject dropped.

I somehow accidentally brought up coconut oil and I do not know why.

This thread is about Belinda5000's seizures increasing. Let's stick to her thread.
I apologize Belinda for my confusion.

:e:

Hope you're feeling okay now Belinda. Does this seizure mean Fycompa will increase, or are you and your doctor just going to keep track of things a bit longer? From what I understand 2mg is still a pretty low dose, so you have room to go higher I would imagine. You had mentioned fatigue as a side effect when you started the 2 mg - is this still an issue, or has it settled down?

Back
Top Bottom