Has Anyone Ever Had Any Dealings with HR Accomdations with Work?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wordering? We are going to an all new computerized scheduling program at my workplace that is supposed to make things much more steamlined at my store based on our sales projections so of couse it will be based on our stores opening/closing hours how many customers/sales that kind of thing ect.... so I need to talk to our national HR in OR any idea on what sort of questions i should ask about accomodations I should ask for right know my hours are currently set at 6am-5pm M-F except for W, which is 6-4, I would prefer not to work weekends this to ensure that my sleep schedule remains constant since i know that sleep remains at a fairly contant scheudle since i know that is one of my triggers. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I am not light sensitive,have never had a seizure at work am pretty well controlled on my medications so far. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before this whole thing gets rolled out before the 29th of this month they kind of just sprung this on us and one of the visitng mangers said to me so do you have your accodations in writing with national HR? and I said no I did not know I needed to none of my managers said a word to me. So I need to fax it to them. This week. Help please : ) I have T/C's only when I have my periods only breakthoughs occasionly last one was 3 months ago.

Tina

tinathesingergirl,

Wondering how long you work at this company?
Did you sign a contract when you started that (maybe) specified your current hours Mon - Fri only?

What are they looking for you to fax them?

I have worked at this company for 8 years. This is a new policy they are instating. All retail floor employees now have to be availabe during peak business hours. Since we are open from 10am-10pm 7 days a week....I am currently offering them M,Tu,Th,& F 6am-5pm and W from 6am-4pm you would think this would be enough for a Part time over 20 employee in order for her to keep her insurance right? No apparently not with this new policy they are counting it from 10am and they are including an hour lunch break as well I am thinking so I might have to add an hour in there as well as maybe add a saturday just to be flexible?(I have to give them 38 hours of flexibility in order to keep my part time over 20 status in order to keep insurance) Where is my life supposed to be in all of this keep in mind i have kept this schedule for the last 7 years. I have had an epilepsy diagnosis for the last 4 and no one has made me jump though hoops for accomodations at work before formally now i have to because of this new policy.
So the national HR accomodations person e-mailed me an Resonable Accomodations Request Form that I have to fill out and a Authorization for Release of Medical Records/Imforation from the doctor to the company to say I am telling the truth. Whatever I have to do I guess.

Tina

Tina,

We would never have to that here in Netherlands "Authorization for Release of Medical Records/Imforation". So private, but as you say if it will keep your job secure and you want to secure this job then maybe you will need to do so :( I could swear like a bad out of hell hearing this, I am so sorry).
Did you check with any official offices on your rights? Though I know, calling in help from outside may not bring the results you want and can cause more hassle if ‘the management ‘are not kind human beings there to support you and not sounding that way if I am honest.

How about drop the Monday and include the Saturday, you would still have a kinda of weekend, Sun and Mon off and work the SAT if you MUST (if they insist)..?

Chaz

Back
Top Bottom