Headaches

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

whartonct

New
Reaction score
I am on tegretol, onfi and this research drug (YKP something). Does any of these give you headaches or is it just the epilepsy? I know they have side effects, but is headaches one?

In general the only time that I have headaches is after a seizure. These headaches will go on for hours.

I don't think that my headaches are related to any of my meds but I know that there are other people on here that do have headaches that are caused by their meds.

I do get headaches after a seizure, they can last for hours. I have headache medicine. But, I have headaches even when I don't have a seizure, just like after a seizure. They can last for hours and it's throbbing.

I get bad headache after my seizures and unless I take something right away I can have the head all day.

Some medications can cause headaches in some people; for me keppra did this. But I am also very prone to a head pain as opposed to headache always in the same area on the right side of my head following one of my stronger seizures. After a couple of hours this resolves into a more of a headache. Altogether the head pain and headache last from 4 - 12 hours.

90+ percent of my headaches are left side of head right behind my eye... I don't think it has to do with tegretol cause medication is taken twice a day and my headaches are once every two (+/-) weeks and usually last a couple days then go away.

Back
Top Bottom