Hearing Voices

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The_Bob

New
Reaction score
I had a weird experience today.

I was sitting on the bed watching the afternoon news and could swear I heard my wife call my name. The scary thing is that she left for the store with her friend about twenty minuets before. I have started taking DIVALPROEX 500 MG (generic for DEPAKOTE) since Thursday. Could the new medicine be the cause of my auditory holutionations?

On the lighter side...

When I was first married I used to hear evil voices all the time. One day the voice was really annoying, so I turned my head and told my mother-in-law to STFU!

On the lighter side...

When I was first married I used to hear evil voices all the time. One day the voice was really annoying, so I turned my head and told my mother-in-law to STFU!

I had to laugh at that one;)

Don't know the answer, but someone will come along soon I'm sure.

I had a weird experience today.

I was sitting on the bed watching the afternoon news and could swear I heard my wife call my name. The scary thing is that she left for the store with her friend about twenty minuets before. I have started taking DIVALPROEX 500 MG (generic for DEPAKOTE) since Thursday. Could the new medicine be the cause of my auditory holutionations?

On the lighter side...

I've been hearing voices all of my life - voices in my head- a dialog - I just considered it normal - part of the critical process of decision making

but lately they'd gotten worse
and then I found out I have psychotic episodes during my seizures and I was put on haloperidol 25mg and it makes me feel a lot better, but sore, tired... but it does ease the critical voices that are annoying that seem to also get me into circular thinking that gets me stuck in thought loops

I heard a voice once years ago as a teenager, I was laying down drifting to sleep and I heard a distinct whisper "Don't tell mom" it creeped me the hell out, my neighbor (we lived in a duplex) had just lost a son my age in an auto accident, not sure if it was a spirit of a hallucination, a couple time as an adult Ive sworn Ive heard people in the house while I was trying to get to sleep, the only way I knew it wasnt real was my dogs didnt react, its freaky when you hear things that you know arent there.

Back
Top Bottom