Help does this sound like e, or something else

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jfittler

New
Reaction score
I will be laying down almost asleep most times others it starts as soon as I close my eyes, it started off as a feeling of doom in my stomach or chest and then spreading to my head with hot flushe and confusion, then I get freezing cold and shake, the last few have been alot worse it starts as a like elcetrical feeling in the right side of my head, the from my head slowly going down I get a numb feeling in my face then going down to my arm and then leg. The electrical feeling and feeling of doom come in like waves one every minute or 2 minutes for anywhere between half an hour to a few hours, Im retty sure that oce I either sit up or open my eyes the waves of feelings go but I still have the waves of hot flushes and then the cold and shaking, I also get nauseated feel like I need to go to the bathroom, confused, dizzy, my heart races and when I get up and move around it races even more. Im so freaked out about all this when it all passes I still dont feel right for hours afterwards occasionally I get a little it of a headache but nothing really just a little bit of pain for a few miutes. I also have panic attacks and am sure that thats not it because I have had them for 10 years and know the diffrence. Im sacred I have 3 small kids and Im just really really scared does anyone else have any ideas what this could be or had a similar thing. Im only 3 and am brestfeeding a 10 month old, I have had hormonal problems in the past but I dont know what is going on. I have a doc app but just need some help till I can get in.Thanks in advance Julie

Hi jfittler, welcome to CWE!

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms, it must be especially tough with three little kids. Some of your symptoms sound like anxiety attacks, but since you've ruled that out, it could be that hormonal fluctuations are causing seizures or seizure-like symptoms. (High estrogen levels or low progesterone levels can trigger seizures for some people.). The "feeling of doom" and tingling feeling sounds like partial seizures.

Any chance you can get your doc to move up your appointment date? In the meantime try your best to get good sleep (probably not easy) and make sure you are eating properly.

Best,
Nakamova

Thanks for the reply, I was thinkin maybe silent migraines but I dont know if it fits, I also have a very bad neck but have had it for years and these eymptoms are kind of new I mean I have had the tingling before but alone and in diffrent areas of my body not combined with all the other symptoms. I will try and get in to see the doc sooner, and ur right about the sleep, I dread it now and dont want to go to bed xoxo Julie

Back
Top Bottom