Help needed always sleeping sleeping ssssleeping

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

danjen71

New
Reaction score
Does anyone has an answer from experience,ect. On how to avoid being so sleepy,and knocked out from CP (complex partials)? I am on lamictil and it blocks them most of the time now that it was increased,but all I do is sleep. So can anyone help,because its wrecking my life. My sleep schedule is trashed,my body clock totally confused,and my brain is basicly numb,and its a struggle to organize my thoughts. Thanks danjen

Do you take any supplements to help? Lamictal lowers my red and white blood cell counts (making me borderline anemic), so I take B12 to help with that. Other supplements that may help energize you are COq10 and Tyrosine. As always, check with your doctor first.

Another option to consider is neurofeedback. It might allow you to eventually lower your dose of Lamictal to less fatiguing levels.

Wow! That's a real rude thing to do, so as a side effect it lowers your red and white cell count!??
So it risks being borderline anemia,and a lowered immune system in order to give the patient
Some feeling of seizure control. So now I understand why I get the strep and staph invections
I get now. Just out of the blue,especially when I've gone without enough sleep or food,
Sores will appear in my mouth,with a whitish yellow blanket of yuk. And are generally diagnosed as I said....so now I see a possible connection,since my MS stuff fights my immune system too.
THANKYOU : )

I have a lot of simple partials which make me tired as well, but so does my medication, it's gotten a little less over time, but I'm pretty tired, too. I'll have mention this when I go for my first appointment with a neurologist. Anyway, good luck, let us know if things change.

Back
Top Bottom