Here's a weird one for you

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone read anything that might correlate disc misalignment, or herniated discs high in the neck promote seizures? Such as myoclonus or anything else? Can severe neck disc problems putting pressure on the spinal column enough to exacerbate epilepsy? Just a question I havent seen explored.

Pinched nerves in the neck can cause symptoms that are similar to epileptic ones (including tingling, numbness and myoclonus), but I think they aren't considered a primary cause of epilepsy. But the stress and pain related to them could certainly be a secondary seizure trigger.

Nak: can they cause significant myoclonus? Or just a twitch or two? Thanks--I was hoping you would chime in.

Hey Linda,

When i had my baseball sized tumor, it was putting a torque tension on my spinal cord. Which made it hard for me to look up. At work i have to run cables up high and looking up was getting to be a problem because of it. It never caused a seizure or at least i don't think it did, since when i experienced them, it was more annoying than painful. I complained about it to my girlfriend at the time and she thought she had a solution her neck doc did to her, which was to push in on the spinal area of the neck. Good God did that hurt, it made my neck hurt for a couple of weeks. Doh@!#$

:piano: :pop:

As I understand it, the myoclonus due to cervical nerve issues is fairly limited -- more along the lines of muscle spasms (in the arms, hands, or lower back), rather than full-out limb-flinging.

Back
Top Bottom