Hi again...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
So one year ago I went to an epilepsy monitoring unit and was told to stop all medications and simply treat my seizures as psychological.

I was put on anti-depressants and left to my own devices with neuropsychiatry as a fallback for support.

Today I went to my neurologist and was told that he still has his doubts and that he wants to try anticonvulsants again.

It was strange. It is strange. This year I have come to terms with my seizures and accepted them as they are what they are. I avoided coming onto this lovely site to try to put everything aside.

This past year I put my seizures on the backburner. Ever present of course, but no longer a focus in my life. I am grateful for this past year as an enforced break from wondering about my health and just accepting it.
Perhaps that is why my reaction today was just, really? So we are going on this path again...huh. We'll see.

They had only tried lacosamide and levitiracetim with me since phenytoin gave me a rash. So now I get to find out what topiramate does.

I am stunned.
I don't know what to think!
Through no complaint on my part and just a sheer "whatever" attitude they are doing a full turnaround by the descriptions of my seizures and how they have progressed.
Knock me over with a feather. Deep breath, and one foot forward and one day at a time.

Thanks for listening. Sorry for keeping away!

Back
Top Bottom