homeopathy or naturopathy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with either of these? If I take antihistamines or antibiotics they cause seizures. If I take a homeopathic remedy for the same symptoms is it likely to also cause a seizure? Thanks.

There is a person or 2 on CWE that use homeopathy and feel that they have had good results. Hootie has lots of experience with it if you'd like to ask her.

Personally, I feel that since it is based on the theories that what causes your pathology will cure it (like cures like) and that the smaller the dose the stronger the cure as well as that water has "memory" that it is impossible to contradict the rules of physics and be curative at the same time.

The scientific studies I've found have all found it to work no better than a placebo. http://www.dcscience.net/?p=164

Naturopathy itself has not been scientifically proven to work either. Just because something is not proven doesn't mean it doesn't work but I do believe that certain plants/herbs have certain effects but what naturopathy claims things do has is not always (& is sometimes the opposite) of what has been shown in scientific studies. It also claims to be based on energy healing & I believe that its energy (if it exists) can only do so much.
Naturopathy, or Naturopathic Medicine, is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism, which posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturopathy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom