Hospital IT department messed with my VEEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jenagade

New
Reaction score
So I'm most of the way through a week long VEEG, and might I add very over being tethered to a wall and confined to a hospital room especially since on my second day here I had three seizures, good right? Well it would have been if the hospital IT department wasn't remoting in to computers, without checking what they were being used for, and rebooting them so it turned out that for 18 hours nothing was being recorded on the EEG or camera because it took so friggin long to get hold of a technician to sort it out. To top it off the neuros checking up on me have gotten more sceptical about it as the week has gone on with no more seizures despite a nurse being in the room while one happened. So fingers crossed for seizures.

Ugh so frustrating. I am so sorry.

I've been thinking about you all week, and I am hoping for some good results from the rest of your time there.

*bangs head on desk

I'm surprised they weren't using them as torrent seed boxes..

It's not often I say it; but I hope you have another one while you're there ;)

Oh I did, so yay, but I hit the back of my head and might have concussion, so nay. Whats that you say, but surely since you were on a neurology ward someone could have checked you out and confirmed whether you had one or not? Turns out the criteria is 5hours later, can you walk? You must be ok then.

Oh and the cherry on top, I asked if they could give me a first impression, because they had done that for the girl who left the day before me, and they said oh that was because she had heaps of seizures you only have one on record, so naturally by that stage I was very pissed off and said "For starters you were standing in front of the monitor when I had the seizure this morning and I would have more results if your damn IT department hadn't fucked around with the goddamn computer!" so I'm not too hopeful because I don't know if this mornings thing was actually a seizure or if I passed out because it was really hot in the room and I was already woozy, so we may not have gotten anything!

Oh theres another cherry too, we got home to find a letter from the hospital saying that I needed to send proof that I am an NZ citizen or they will charge me for the visit (our public health system is usually free) WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE MILLION TIMES I TALKED TO THEM BEFORE GOING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!.

On the bright side though I have managed to get all the gel out of my head, which is an achievement I thought it would take way longer having had a week to solidify and my skin wasn't as blistered and cut as I thought it would be since it was itching up a storm by Wednesday

Scrap that, I just found heaps more gel lol, but the important thing is the stuff which makes it look like I have chronic dandruff is gone

Lol as long as you don't mind the colour. They plaited my hair too so I had a semi fro before I washed it lol

I work at a color factory. Sometimes I go home with my hair certain colors I would prefer it not be. Better than the operators that go home looking like Smurfs. :roflmao:

Strawberry, banana, orange... All depends on what day it is. And when it snows, the ground looks like Runts!

Haha awesome, that would be handy if you were going to a costume party after work, just plan it around what colour you are that day.

Back
Top Bottom