how to cope with pain after seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Before I was ever diagnosed with chronic pain and fibromyalgia. Afeter every seizure I had pain in my right side of the body causing me to have headaches called clusters and in later life it has caused permanent damage to my body and back!
David Hair
Pain after a seizure I won't forget burning myself I had to of tried grab something when I was cooking chicken grabbed nearest thing pull myself up by and it was iron skillet and I got hot chix grease all over me .When my husband came home he found me and had to peal skillet off the floor he said.
Luckily I just have few scars.

Belinda

My husband has extremely painful muscular pain all over but especially in his back and legs. I used to always offer to give him a massage but even touching him in any way for about 2 (sometimes 3 days) afterwards hurts him. His usual technique is to just work through the pain and do stretches where possible.
He has headaches and will take a few pain killers.
He always mangles his tongue too and finds yoghurt and soda drinks best for that. I have spent years trying to get him to try various post seizure pain remedies but he is not very open to things like that.

I posted a very similar question on Friday. Ictal pain. Whether it is pre, post or the actual seizure itself pain with siezures is not fun. I experience it. I don't know a cure either but I do know what you mean about the suicide thoughts, Whwept. I have been to that deep dark place many, many times. Thankfully it doesn't last. All I know to do is to ride it out but I do think Brain has the best advice. Make sure someone watches over you while you are in this state of mind and inform your doctor and get plenty of rest.

Yes, pain with seizures is very real whether before, during or after seizures and it is documented. Some people have it and some people don't.

Take care of yourself Whwept and if you ever need someone to talk to about your seizure pain you are more than welcome to private message me. I do understand. It is very real.

tam bam

Back
Top Bottom