How has epilepsy made you a better person?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

epilepsy in no way made me better person if need seziours be better person I not comment..i like think i was that person before...i would like to think the people around me would be better people in helping me and be understanding but i just saw pig fly by so no more comment

epilepsy in no way made me better person if need seziours be better person I not comment..i like think i was that person before...i would like to think the people around me would be better people in helping me and be understanding but i just saw pig fly by so no more comment

Hi seagull,

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time, I hope you feel better soon and maybe will see some other seagulls instead of pigs flying by ;)

and now I'm thinking about eating bacon at the beach for some reason :lol:

nope not changed me been more pi88ed off at times when got pounding head aches unable make firm promis meet people things like that...like think I nice person but don't need or want seizours to be that

How has it made me a better person? I live every day like it is my last day on earth. I plan for the future but live for the day. I have a finite amount of time left and I am not going to let epilepsy rob me of it. I am extremely lucky that Vimpat and Keppra are working . At least for now.

The ability to understand and listen to others sincerely not just lip service, it has also made me willing to help people more. The most important I think is that I realise that I am not on my own and compared to others I am extremely lucky.
That is so awesome, great outlook!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Because I can be moody and overly sensitive to begin with, I really worried about "kepprage" when I was first put on Keppra. It hasn't been *too* big an issue for me fortunately, though I sometimes feel that irrational anger bubbling up. So...anyway, I think being aware of Keppra ' s potential has made me learn to:

1) avoid situations that might cause me to lose my temper as best as I can
2) step back and decide if there's really a good cause for whatever anger I'm feeling, or if it's just the Keppra raising its ugly head.

I admit to still having little temper tantrums, but they are far fewer than they were. (Knock on wood [emoji14])
I have never been a particularly angry person, at least not outwardly.
But when I was on Keppra I honestly went off the rails, it was like a switch was flipped and I was annoyed at everything - then I would be crying and saying how it wasn't worth it and how I wanted to die.

It all came to an end when my sister called me a freak and I attacked her, they got me in hospital and took me straight off them cold turkey because they said I was becoming a danger.

Mentally my worst tablet for side effects. X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How has Epilepsy helped me? Alright, I can honestly say that it has showed me that I can knock you down over and over. I'll crush you, destroy you if possible. It's how I respond it. I have ( like so many) been though so much pain, having it all taken away. It's unfair. The hospital visits, meds, and unpredictable seizures. Can you drive her to get a bite to eat? Can you provide for your family? My kids keep me going. I really just try to find the silver lining and take it a day at a time. Prayer helps a lot, I love my church family.

I am on keppra 2000 mg and anger is s challenge for me. That's interesting, I think part of it is also how I react to. But the meds probably don't help.. I take 5 meds twice a day

I am on three types twice a day now, Keppra was too hard for me to deal with and I have tried a few others that just made things worse.
So I am on topirimate, lamotrogine and clobazam now
They don't make it worse, but they don't stop them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom