How late would you say us epileptics stay up until?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mspang

Stalwart
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me it used to be 11:30 at night until I started having worse seizures. Now it's been 10 at night for almost 4 years. :( But at least my seizures are ten times better. :)

I usually stay up late in general, between 12am and 1am.

I get in bed around 11 but read, so that keeps me up longer.

If I have a seizure however I'll fall asleep after I have it and stay in bed until the next day.

Usually I'm pretty busy during the day, so I'm tired when I finally sit down after dinnertime. And I usually fall asleep. Which takes the edge off my need for sleep and I can't fall asleep at a decent time. So It's usually 1 or 2 AM before I can get to sleep again. Up at 8:00 leaves me about 6 or so hours of sleep. I often have a short nap during the morning, sometimes during the afternoon, and always after dinner.

My doctor tells me I shouldn't be this sleepy on my Trileptal, but he doesn't offer a solution. I don't think I was quite this sleepy when I took tegretol. 1st time I told him how much I sleep he tested my electrolytes. Now he tests them every year, but so far so good.

It's a good thing I don't have an outside job. Just have to somehow keep things rolling for Hubby's business.

Sorry, short question, long answer!

i have hard time sleeping-up watching history channel til 2 or 3 then up again at 4 then again7 for the day

I have to get up at 6am (okay, 6.30 if I sleep in), and if I'm not in bed by 8pm the night before, I'm in trouble.

So what does that make it - 10 hours sleep a night? I used to get by on about 7 or 8 hours until epilepsy hit, just over a year ago.

Last edited:
Bed time is 9:30, but usually roll over to sleep around 10. Up at 5:30am for work. LOVE Saturday and Sunday so I can sleep in and take an afternoon nap :)

Have to be in bed at 10:00, then I have to back to bed at 6:00 A(after taking AM medic.) and sleep until 7:00 or 7:30A

wasn't able to do this when working.

It didn't use to be this way. I like getting up early. But you do what you need to do.

usually asleep by 11 or 12, wake up at 1 or 2 for some reason, fall asleep and sleep until about 7. If I have trouble getting to sleep before 12 is when I usually have to take my sleep meds.

go to bed 11:00 p.m get up at 4:30 am to let dogs out and feed them. take one or two naps when I can.

Here's an interesting question that disappeared awhile ago. 3 years later its still 10pm I go to bed. Sometimes even earlier these days, maybe 9, ouch! :( What meds do to you, sucks!

same as i did before e - 11ish.
earlier if im bagged from a long day, or midnightish if i 'just don't feel tired.'

Been going to bed at 9:00 my whole life, through HS and college and now. Creature of habit!! (Unless I was out partying or whatever)

me too - bed by 9p, up at 5a, before and after diagnosis

Last edited:
If I had a nap during the day or didn't have a busy day then it might be 11:30pm.
But if I've been busy at work or just not feeling well I try to go to bed by 9:30pm.
When I was a teen & in my early 20s I could sleep in until 11:00am but now my brain doesn't like to sleep in no matter what day it is lol.
When I have to go to work I have my alarm set for 6:30am but am usually up before that. If I don't have to go to work or don't have anything on I'll sleep until 7:00am lol.

I do find that if I have to many late nights then I start getting over tired which can trigger my funny feelings.

Back
Top Bottom