How long after a seizure do you feel back to normal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Ive always felt tired, weak, sore and have a headache after a seizure. Today I had three seizures, around noon time today. I recall going into the bedroom, and thats the last thing I remember. My husband came into the room to find me on my left side, laying on the bed, and then once the seizure came on again, I stiffened, and my body and head turned to the right. I remember my head feeling like a bomb went off after it was over. It was like my husband was screaming at me whenever he spoke to me. I kept crying due to the pain I was having in my head. I have left temporal lobe epilepsy, and It always hurts all over after a seizure, but this time it was all over with a huge amount of pain in my left side, right above my ear area. It felt like it was just throbbing in that area. My husband did give me an ativan, and since then ive been feeling weird... like drugged up weird like.. Ive been sleeping on and off since then. Its like I cant keep my eyes open, my head is still killing me, and I just dont feel normal.

I find it odd that I dont remember what happenend after walking into the bedroom. Where as before, with the simple partial seizures I can recall everything that is going on during the seizure. I do get a headache after them, but its nothing like what Ive had today. On a scale of 1-10, this is like a 20! The pain is just not going away at all, no matter what I take.

I forgot to add.... Im getting this weird feeling... like Im not all there... and its been coming and going for the past hour or so... I recall getting this feeling right before a seizure comes on, but this is more of the same feeling, just on a lighter note.... like on a scale of 1-10, it would be a 4 or 5. I just dont feel myself. Maybe I should take a half of an ativan just to be safe tonight. I would hate to have a seizure in while sleeping.

Last edited:
Honestly, I dot know what to say. But maybe you should write that down and I it gets worse go talk to your neurologist. Please let us know. Do you think you had a TC seizure?

Have you been able to drink or eat something since the seizure? If you can get a little down, that may help. If you're dehydrated or have low blood sugar that may make things worse. If the nasty headache persists, call your doctor.

I went to bed last night feeling all drunk like. Not being able to focus, my head was killing me, my eyes felt so heavy, and I just didnt feel like myself. There were times I would get that feeling of "not normal" or something was going to happen, but I would focus on an object in the room and the feeling would get less and less after a few minutes. Its the same feeling I have prior to a seizure coming on. I took some excedrian to help with the headache. I went to sleep and woke up feeling alittle better. I did drink some water before going to bed. I just feel beat. Kind of sluggish feeling today. What stands out to me is that during all of my simple partial seizures I remember everything. Yesterday, I only recall walking into the bedroom and I dont know what happened after then, til I woke up on the bed looking at my mom and husband around me. At that time, I tried to get up and felt so worn out, my head was hurting and i felt like someone had beat me up and was completely drained. The feeling lasted all day long yesterday. I mostly laid in bed the entire day sleeping on and off. I hope today goes better for me. :)

This may have been a complex partial (where you lose some consiousness/awareness). :(

Let's hope it was a fluke due to unusual stress.

From the sounds of it, and not being able to recall anything during the seizure, my mom thinks it could have been a complex partial seizure too. Im just hoping it was due to the unusual stress and things get better. I would hate to have to go through more medication changes. :(

i suffer from complex partial seizures and cant remember having the seizures or what happened during them but i feel fine just a few mins after i had it.

So sorry to hear what you have been through , i justed wanted to send you a big hug xxx

Thank you everyone!

Ive been feeling ok today. I woke up feeling tired, more than usual. But other than that, the headache I had all day yesterday and last night has gone away. I have a mild case of GERD, and didnt want to take ibuphrophen yesterday because it will irritate it, but by the night time, I was in so much pain, I had to take something! So I took some excederain and it took it right away. Im at home now with our youngest, waiting for the hubby to get home so we can go to a check up for our son. Our middle son's 7th birthday is tomorrow so we have alot of running around to do yet!

I wish I had words of wisdom. I remember nothing from the time one happens until some time after. :( VERY scary.
I mentioned in another thread, I know at least twice, maybe three times, I complained (like whiney complained) of really, really bad headaches. I don't remember complaining :/ Nor the headaches. But I was told afterwards. :(

Back
Top Bottom