How long for a bump on the head to heal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
About two weeks ago i had a seizure and hit my head on the concrete pavement. There was a huge bump on it at the time which has now mostly gone down, but now two weeks later it's still sore every time i brush/wash my hair or even rub/scratch it. I can feel a slight lump and dent in my head too.

I've never had a bump take this long to heal, should i go see the doctor about it?

As someone who's had 7 head traumas in her life, I'd say yes, go to a doctor. If you're having symptoms such as headaches, dizziness,nausea or vomiting and stuff or if you had that when it first happened, it could be a concussion and even if it's not, be a good idea to see a doctor anyway. I had a brain hemorrhage possibly due to head trauma several years ago, better to be safe than sorry

I was in the hospital pretty much all night after that seizure, but considering i couldn't understand/answer the doctor and had this massive lump on my head and a sore knee and shoulder (and later on every other joint and muscle decided to join the party) they actually looked at none of my injuries, did a blood test and then said i could go.

I don't remember most of the next day, getting to the hospital or getting home from it, just little bits in between.

I think i'll make an appointment for tomorrow and see what the doctor says, although i'm not sure if they could do anything about it besides giving me some painkillers.

Argh, doc said its soft tissue which has bunched up, hence the remaining bump after the haematoma went down. It could take ages to heal properly. In the meantime its painful to brush or wash my hair.

well, better to have it checked out and be nothing, than let it go and be very serious. I have a dent in my head from my brain surgery, Neurologist said it would always be there. If you look close, you can tell by a clump of hair there that looks different when looking really close. Kind of like a clump of grass. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom