how long do I have to wait

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

In my part of england ittakes 2-3 week for the mri results all i got told was results are ok.

actually i just called again. I am a little impatient and they said her penial glad is inflamed and that is all they can tell me till I meet with the Dr on the 29th. I tried looking it up on google and all it says is it effects sleep so taht could definatly be the problem. The nurse said to call back every few days to check for appt cancelations so hopefully we can get in earlier. At least we are on the right track now to getting answers.

Hi, has the Doc scheduled you to come in for the follow up or results?
When I had my mri the doc had me scheduled to come see her two weeks after the MRI. In short, I was diagnosed with mesial temporal sclerosis, which is scarring in my temporal lobe, with atrophy, which scars the heck out of me. Anyway, I can only suggest that you contact the Doc office and ask when you should come in for results, and get the appt scheduled to set your mind at ease to know when you will get the results. Best Wishes to you!!
Jlynn

Yeah we scheduled the follow up before the MRI was done it will be the 29th. I just can call and bug them for cancelations to get in sooner.

OK,

the pineal gland is where I have a cyst at.

It does regulate sleep by controlling the hormone melatonin. So, if her sleep IS disturbed, ask her doctor about giving her a low dose of melatonin. It is a natural hormone that the body makes. So it shouldn't be a problem. And it's not expensive either.

Take care,

Meetz

It's hard to wait for results!

I have been thinking about Taylor so much and what you must be going through as a parent! Because my mom went through the same things as I was dealing with my seizures at age 4yrs. old and now I'm 34 so I'm praying for you and if you feel like asking me anything go ahead
David Hair

Yeah I cant wait till we meet up with the Nerologist again to get some more information about it. And see what we can do to help her out. It is just refreshing to know that we are on the right track to helping her get better.

Hello Taylors Mama~

I really hope you get results and the information you want to hear. I will be praying for you and your daughter. Keep us updated on how things turn out. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom