how long does it take you to get back to normal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
every time this happens I don't know what reality is anymore
why is everything fake
reality doesn't like me anymore

Well... CWE is real! Plenty of reality here to sample.
I hope you feel better soon Peter -- did you just have a seizure?

Well... CWE is real! Plenty of reality here to sample.
I hope you feel better soon Peter -- did you just have a seizure?

heya Nakamova
no seizure that I know of (???), but everything at times seems like a pinhole view being presented to me - of something larger going on - something organized and involved in some sort of shapeshifting - but something of which I'm presented with a miniscule segment of reality, some kind of thought process also, presented to me - I have no idea
I tell myself I'm not crazy - and feeling the need to tell myself that doesn't seem right
things fall into place after they're over - scenarios - events, akin to leaving the theater and the period of coming to terms with the fact that the events on screen were not real
I chug along and keep faith
I have a feeling this information is more profound than I am able to comprehend or know

yes, TED lectures have a lot of interesting material whenever you're in the mood!

Hon, it takes me a good week to recover from a tonic-clonic. my head is buzzing and everything feels like a dream! I am so tired all the time. i make sure to stay hydrated, get lots of rest, snuggle with my cats, get a blanket and watch some tv, take it easy and rest. About a week later im feeling better.

but, when i was having them every four or five days...just as i would recover, i would have another one. it was hell on my body and i just dont see how people can live like that. the auras were so strong, it was downright scary. and my husband works during the day, so my greatest fear was that i would have one while he was gone, or in my sleep while he was at work, and no one would be there to save me if I went status.....i kept my phone nearby just in case and one time had to call him during an aura to tell him to rush home just to care for me..hes such a sweetie..

let me tell you, having support - the kind of support that you find here, is a blessing! Truly a blessing. even if you dont have a loved one, you can still come here and get answers, find ideas for self treatment, and get to know others who are just like you

hang in there - get some rest and relaxation - take a hot shower for your muscle cramps - get a muscle rub ointment - take your vitamins! - stay hydrated - eat right - have some gatorade - get some sleep - ((HUGS))

You may need a medication dose increase if you are still having symptoms. sometimes people have to get on more than one medication too.

Back
Top Bottom