How my appointment went today....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This is a quote from Dr. Reed's book, "The healing power of Medicine"

"The human body never ceases to amaze me. To see someone plagued w/epileptic seizures,who medical drs. have given up on, come into our clinic & get well is truly awesome. One man said as he brought his son into my clinic, 'I don't believe in what you do, but I'm here b/c I have no other options. The best drs. tell me there is no cure for my son. Do you think you could help him?'
After 2 months of being on a natural detoxifying & cellular nourishment program, the boy's body responded by letting go of toxins. The cells in his body were fed
the healing foods they were crying out for over the last 20 yrs.
The problem was that no dr. had yet to recognize those cries & warning signals given by his out of balance body that ended up manifesting seizures as a symptom.
Of course the seizures never got better w/ drugs b/c seizures were not caused from a deficiency of Depakote, so why prescribe the trash ?

Symptoms are your body's way of screaming out for help, no different than a child drowning in water."

These are not my words, they are taken directly from the book , "Healing Poisoned Medicine".

I have met this dr. many times, and w/ his help, my seizures have been significantly reduced.
Maybe Epilepsy cannot be healed and will return to this boy, I don't know. I do know that through detox, herbal supplements, and a healthy diet, I have personally seen a huge difference in my own life.

Is medicine poisoned or does it have the power to heal, according to this Dr. Reed?

Joyful said:
This is a quote from Dr. Reed's book, "The healing power of Medicine"

These are not my words, they are taken directly from the book , "Healing Poisoned Medicine".

Or, is it just mind over matter?

Whatever you choose to believe. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I just know this:
The first time I went into his office, I did not tell him that I had epilepsy, nor did I tell him any of my other issues - I was not a believer & was putting him to the test.
W/in minutes he was able to tell ME that I had insomnia, that I suffered from seizures, that my thyroid was low, plus several other issues were identified by him. I hadn't told him any of this!
Not only that, but he cured me of my insomnia, plus after 2 years of detoxing from heavy metals which were found in my system, I was able to lower the dose of both my seizure med. and my thyroid med.
Mind over matter ? If that were the case, my seizures would have been cured - they weren't, but they have been reduced significantly. Choose to believe what you want, but I know my body. Noone else does. I have been discouraged w/ the fact that I still have seizures, but then I remember how frequent and severe they used to be before I met this dr.
So, no. It isn't mind over matter - that would be something if it was!
:)

I have a problem with believing this was an epileptologist, since you say he didn't know about the ketogenic diet and then ruled out the possibilities of a negative EEG. Lots of folks with E do have negative EEGs and an epileptologist would know that.
A competent one would. When I tried to get my neurologist on board with the keto diet idea it became clear that she really didn't know anything about it except maybe for an article she had read years ago. She thought it only worked on pediatric epilepsy which is flat out wrong.

I didn't know epilepsy could actually be "healed". How does one actually know if they're healed? What if a seizure returns 20-30 years later? Are they healed?

Epilepsy is treatable, not curable, so far.
Not every case of epilepsy is 100% curable. But that doesn't mean that many less severe and intractable cases aren't.

Thanks, AlohaBird. I hope noone was upset or anything by what I posted. I just wanted to share a positive experience that I had, & to possibly help someone else.

If you haven't already found her, you might like the website and book by Nora Gedgaudas called Primal Body, Primal Mind. She also did a talk at the Ancestral Health Symposium about Ketosis called The Holy Grail. Give that a google. She is a neurofeedback practitioner so she is approaching diet and neurological health together.

I watched the video and am now reading the book. I am really astounded the fact that gluten could do such damage. It makes so much sense how the brain is effected.

Yes, I agree that gluten is very damaging to the brain. It has taken me a while to "jump on the bandwagon", but finally I ordered the book "Grain Brain" and am waiting for it to come in.
Primal Body, Primal Mind ? I think I'll look that up!

Hey, my biopsy results just came in - everything is fine - just a polyp. Will be having that D&C soon.

Back
Top Bottom