I HAD ANOTHER NEUROFEEDBACK session

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Janus

Veteran
Reaction score
I had another neurofeedback session yesterday and it is fun and amazing how I had no idea that I have control over calming my mind "alpha-wave' . It is really good. I always seem to feel happier after, coincidence? I recommend it. Also, this guy recommends more Omega 3's and fresh vegetables.

That sounds very interesting and positive. The author of "A Symphony in the Brain" (a book about neurofeedback) describes that post-session feeling as the "clean windshield effect".

Thank you Nakamova, The doc warned me that some may feel tired after because the brain is 'working' and making new neurons, but It is good.

Excellent. Please do keep us posted on how the NFB works out for you.

Hi all. I had NEUROFEEDBACK today again. I have been noticing that I feel better; more energetic, no depression AND NO SEIZURE ACTIVITY! Yeah. I recommend it. I am not sure how it works but I just sit in front of a screen that shows images that respond to my brain-waves. I have to relax my brain and focus at the same time. That is a little tricky because I only know auto-pilot, which is easy but without knowing it I am in a state of 'tense' brain. The technique of relaxing your brain makes you more awake and things like; when you can not remember something like where you left your keys and its time to go so the more tense you get the LESS memory your mind has. It is counter intuitive in our culture. My brain starts saying "the more I worry and 'try' the better chance there is that I will remember!" But it is the opposite. And the technique of relaxing your brain we all have but tend to not know about it. It is wild (for me its like when I realized I can 'wiggle' my ears but had no idea before about that muscle). I recommend it. I am continuing to go to this guy because it is new to my mind and I am still learning how to do it. But just by doing a little bit has made me happier and seizure free so far. And this doc. IS taking cash-sliding scale for it because he is from El-Salvador originally and really like helping people. His goal is simply to help. He gave me a DVD about neurofeedback that explains it. I recommend you google it and get more info about this non-invasive solution to help the brain correct itself.

That's terrific! I hope you continue to make progress and feel good.

Wow, this sounds really great! I do know that stress begets stress until the only thing my brain focuses on is the stress. So glad you have found a doctor who really wants to help you.

Thanks for keeping us updated Janus. Glad to see that you are starting to realize some benefits already.

Back
Top Bottom