I hope this wasnt a seizure! :(

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, Its been almost 3 months since my level has been where it needs to be, since only being on Keppra XR. This morning I woke up, took the kids to school, our youngest went back to bed. I had some phone calls to make. So I stayed up. I normally lay back down with our youngest. I was up at 7am, and got back home around 8am. I stayed up, watched alittle tv, made the phone calls, etc. At around 10am, i decided to lay on the couch and watch some tv. the minute I layed down and closed my eyes, I had this feeling go through me. It felt like when you are on a roller coaster and youre about to go down the first hill.... how your stomach gets that feeling. It was a weird feeling that made my body jump! I immediately opened my eyes and sat straight up. I was still feeling it and asking myself what the heck is that?

I decided to go lay back down in bed since the light was coming through the window. I went to lay down, and about 25 minutes later, our youngest boy wakes up. I remember hearing him going to the bathroom, and feeling like a truck hit me. I had to help him, so i literally had to drag myself out of my own bed to help him. I felt so tired. I remember feeling so tired. I got up after that, and had a dull ache in my left side of my head. Not a bad headache like im use to having after a seizure, but just a dull ache. I remember sitting at my computer thinking my jaw hurt so bad. I just had two fillings done last week on my left side, so i thought it was just that. But when I went to check in the mirror, my tongue on my left side was cut, it looked like I may have bit my tonge. My mom kept telling me to make sure I get enough sleep. Last night I didnt get much, maybe 5 hours? Plus Ive been really stresed out lately. So much it affected my menstrual cycle. I was a week late.

I was so hoping the keppra xr alone would work for me.

Has anyone ever had a seizure while asleep? And if so, how did you wake up feeling?

Im just worried thats what happened. It would explain how aweful Ive been feeling today.

I hope it wasn't a seizure too... There may be no way to know for sure. If it isn't one, you might as well consider it a warning sign. It could be a combo of stressors kicking in -- the ones you mentioned, plus maybe a "hangover" from the dental work last week. Maybe you have a low-grade infection? You might want to take some painkillers (if you haven't already).

I hope you feel better soon.

I went to bed last night feeling so tired. The minute I closed my eyes, that feeling I had in my stomach yesterday returned, but it wasnt as strong. When I have seizures, my head will turn to the right. I layed in bed for about five minutes, and I had that feeling that something bad was going to happen. So I layed on my right side. (the last time I layed on my left side, I had a seizure, which pushed my head to the right, and made my body stiffen and then I ended up going to my back during the seizure). The seizure feeling I get before one is to start came over me and I tried my hardest to fight it off. I woke up feeling completly run down and I slept for over 14 hours. The headache is still there too. I took pain medication, but its not taken care of the headache so far. I really hope this isnt a sign I need to be on two seizure medications.

I really hope it wasnt a seizure either, but it does sound very familiar to mine. My first t/c seizure was while I was sleeping, I would get "episodes" of simple-partials all through the night, for months.. sometimes 5 or 6 a night.. and they all end with that roller coaster feeling that jolts me awake. When I had my t/c I had the roller coaster feeling but didnt "wake" up, but rather started convulsing. Everyone is different from what I've researched, so hopefully this wasnt the same as my experiance!

I woke up this morning just not feeling "right". My mom called to check on me and I told her I kept having that stomach feeling all morning long. Its a feeling like youre getting sick to your stomach, but its like right in the pit of my stomach area that I get it. My head doesnt hurt alot, just right above my left ear area, where my epilepsy is at. (left temporal lobe area) My mom said it would be a good idea to run this by the dr and let them know about this. So I called and left a voicemail for the drs nurse. I know Ive been under alot of stress lately, and the night before I didnt get much sleep. It was wednesday morning I woke up feeling that way and the headache lasted the entire day. I'm trying to remember the time period yesterday morning. I recall laying down on the couch at around 10am. Shortly after then is when I had that "rollercoaster feeling in my stomach". I just felt "off". So I went to lay down in my bed and it had to have been within that time period, shortly after 10am til around 11am that If I had a seizure, it would have happened while I was asleep. When I woke up, it was the same feeling I had after having a seizure while I was doing my VEEG in March. It just feels like a truck ran you over and your body is so weak and tired. I kept thinking why am I feeling this way? I just felt sluggish the whole day yesterday. I'll see what if the drs nurse calls me back and see what they say about it.

I've had seizures in my sleep. When I have them, I wake up very confused, disoriented, and I don't know what day (or month) it is. I've already forced myself to think of one thing I'd done the day before, and I draw a complete blank. Now if I have a seizure during the daytime, that's when I get my headaches...immediately afterwards.

I had a headache all day yesterday after it happened. Today my stomach has been not feeling the best. When I relax, and not up doing things around the house, my stomach starts to get that feeling again, like In the pit of my stomach, a feeling like I want to throw up. My head starts to hurt, and I get a kind of "offish" feeling. Its so hard to describe. Im going to try to get to bed earlier and see if extra sleep may help me.

Kristin, I had some similiar feelings as you are describing and it could be just a combination of not enough sleep, dental work and your menstrual cycle. I have gotten several times a jolt as I described to my doctor when falling asleep. My seizures only happened when i was sleeping and I do not remember having any jolt so try not to stress but maybe ask your doctor if you should increase your medicine for now. I get a headache after the jolt also. The stomach issues could be your getting sick or you have a bug. Let me know how you are doing.

Chris

Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with my drs nurse and she said it def sounds like I had a seizure. But with not getting enough sleep Tuesday night, she is going to put that down and think its due to lack of sleep that caused it. Wednesday I felt terriable, with a headache, felt like a truck ran me over, and noticed my tounge was bit, and just having no energy at all. Thursday was alittle better, but I kept having that stomach feeling come and go all day and felt very tired all day long. I made sure to get at least 9 hours of sleep last night, and then after the kids went to school this morning, I layed back down again for a couple more hours and Im feeling much better.

She said to make sure I get plently of sleep, cause that can cause seizures to come about if I dont. She said if it happens again, to let them know. But for now, she doesnt want to mess with my medication or adding a new one, if that seizure was just due to lack of sleep. But if it continues or things get worse, to call them back, and let them know. :)

Back
Top Bottom