I just need some help!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mscochran

New
Reaction score
so this will probably make no sense, but i need to put it out there.. this is how i feel. i get tense. my ears start to feel like pressure building up.
i cant get any words out.. people say im slurring my words.
my eyes get shaky. my head feels.. weird.. i don't even know how to explain it. it feels like an
aura i guess like when your getting a migraine.. when this happens it feels like when i would get
my epileptic seizures i'd feel this way then fall to the ground and have my seizure but
this just goes on for about 2 minutes and then im fine... whats going on with me?
does anyone else feel this way?

How often does this happen?

What type of seizures do you normally have? This sounds sort of like some of the seizures that I'll have where I don't black out. Espically sluring my speech and having an arm or leg shake slightly.

It sounds sounds like partial complex where you have control but you don't have control.I have a lot more of those in the heat.I try to get control by sitting down if I can and I just sit or go to sleep.If this is really abynormal for you call the doc. You don't want to be walking in the park and have that happen to you. I will pray for you. Teresa

It could be that you are still having your aura. I still get mine sometimes with out the seizure that follows. I have talked to my neuro about it, and he said that my auras might never go away because my seizures are triggered by hormonal shifts. Because I am a girl, those hormonal shifts are unavoidable, my brain just freaks out when most simply get cramps and a headache. My doc reassured me that the meds are working if the full on seizure doesnt happen. Every person is different, and responds to meds different. If you are that concerned about it, talk to your neuro. Good Luck :):e:

Thanks guys! I have an appointment in a month my neuroligst. Is on vacation! It has been happening 2-3 times per week. I've never even had a seizures that often the most i've had a seizure was once a month. I usually have grandmal seizures so this makes no sense to me. Although I stopped taking keppra 2 years ago. I started when I was 16 and continued until I was 20 all seizures had stopped and only had one after I stopped the medication (like a week after) and I still haven't even had any more grandmal ones since. But now this has started so i'm hoping its not the start of more or worse. ,

Back
Top Bottom