I need to vent!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Everything is really getting to me, and with all the pills I take I find myself shaking quite a bit.I'm taking medicine for a lot of disorders.

I take 900MGtegretol a day
Topamax 200MG 2x day
Phenobarb32.4x3 at bedtime

I take singulair once a day
dymist 2 one puff in each nostril twice a day -asthma
ventolin inhaledonce twice a day
crestor once a day
warfarin once a day-heart
Metoprolol once a day-heart

Everything is zapping my energy and I'm always tired and past few weeks I've been shaking .
I feel like with all my heaLTH problems I should just give up.What's the use?
I'm 52 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:agree:

That sounds so harsh :(

I wish I could say something to really help, your posts have been a great inspiration to me and have helped me many times when I've been really low..

All I can say is the time-worn, asinine platitude of 'hang on in there' :(

While you're still alive there's still life to go, no matter what your age. Make the most of all you get because that's all it will be..

Last edited:
that's a high dose of topamax, along with a lot of other things--are they testing your blood levels of all your electrolytes and nutrients (or have they recently)? That was a real killer on my overall state of health and energy. I'm completely converted on the importance of that. I hope you are feeling better soon Belinda!

that's a high dose of topamax, along with a lot of other things--are they testing your blood levels of all your electrolytes and nutrients (or have they recently)?

I agree with lindsayscu2. That's a lot of medication for anyone. Are your docs aware of everything that's being prescribed for you by others? Please let your doctors know how you're feeling and take care of yourself!

:hugs:

Cindy

Belinda - that's how I feel! My body can't handle these meds at the dosages their at anymore. Throw in stress at work, losing 13 pounds due to some undiagnosed illness back in May, my doctor saying I shouldn't have my blood levels checked when my levels are being completely erratic ... wtf?!

I hang onto memories of when life was good (when my brain wasn't fried and I could think straight - not all that long ago but it seems an eternity).

Yes, "hanging in there" does sound like just a stupid platitude. All I know is that I have had really good times, so I'm hanging on for just one more moment ... and then another and then another til I get through the day.

I'm so very sorry you are going through this craziness that all the issues & meds are creating.
Know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.

:hugs: Dolores

yes my docs are aware of every flipping med that I take.

I keep a list with me of what I take.

I want to try start coming off some like singulair and to try to reduce phenobarb slowly.

Belinda

Belinda, I am sorry for your situation. I will just tell you what worked for me. Stay busy! I know it sounds simple but it does help. I also talk to myself and tell myself to do this because "It will be good."
You are on a lot of meds. I'm thinking that some of them could be eliminated but you should talk to the dr about that.
Good Luck!
M

Hey Belinda --

It's a quality of life issue. Your doctors should do a full drug review and help you decide which drugs it makes sense to change.

The Crestor might be a good place to start. It can cause the following side effects:
headache, dizziness, insomnia, hypertonia, paresthesia, vertigo, neuralgia, drowsiness, fatigue, weakness, cranial nerve dysfunction, tremor, memory loss, decline in cognitive function, peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, and peripheral nerve palsy.

It's also not recommended for someone who has uncontrolled seizures.(!)

Naka,
I'm starting with my neuro letting him know what I want to do.His flipping secretary I don't belive is giving him messages.My asthma doc talking to the office and trying to get off some one the meds. I definitely need my heart meds though.

I'm calling and talking to the office supervisor in my neuro office today about messages..
I just talked to someone else in my neuro's office and his secretary hadn't been taken my messeges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belinda

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom