I'm stressing BADLY, and need some help.....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Meetz1064

Fantastico
Reaction score
Anyone have some suggestions on DE-STRESSING so I don't trip off into a seizure?

My 96 year old grandmother had a heart attack this morning, we're 2000 miles apart, so I can't do anything to help her...AND MY doc called.......they think they found something on my mammogram. I CANNOT CALM DOWN. My mind is racing.....

My last sz was in June of '03....and before that April of
'96. I'll be useless for AT LEAST a month if I have one.
HELP ME PLEASE. I'm STILL paying for the physical damage of the last 2.

All right...I'm not licensed or anything, but something that always helps calm me down in. SUPER stressful situations is to pray. Really, even if you do not believe, just pray for your grandmother. I'll join in pray for her and for you as well.
Contact family so you have someone close to you to be your support system. No matter how obnoxious the phone calls seem, call call call away.
Cry. It helps. All the time.
Go to a counselor. Contact friends. Cry on their shoulder. Hug. Love. LAUGH until you CRY.
Stretch, yoga, meditate.

I wish you the best. I wish her the best. I live in IN and visit West Lafayette quite a bit. Gooooo Boilermakers! ((couldn't help it.))

Thanks, Eyes.

I spent the first half hour of my shift tonight at the Hellie Deli crying on one of the other girls' shoulders. She just stood there, and held me and let me bawl. But I will be doing all of the above. It just hurts that I can't be there. And the mammogram thing is just a low blow. I haven't told my kids about that yet......

And yes, Go Boilers!!!! Hehehe. Maybe we'll meet up sometime soon. And thanks for the prayers. I really do appreciate them...........

I know that this poem helps me when I feel like I have no where else to turn... it may not apply totally, but even for future reference.

You are not alone by Stacy Chillemi:
You are not alone

I’m holding my hand out to you,

Will you come?

Trust me my love,

For I have come here from the heavens to help you,

Do not fear me.

Where I come fear doest not exist

We love,

We honor,

And forgive,

Trust me my love,

I have no evil within me

I am just here to help carry you

No one travels alone

We always have someone watching over us

To help us

To warm our soul when we are feeling cold

And to carry us when our legs are too weak to travel

You are not alone my friend,

I am here to watch over you

You may not see me

But I am here,

I am your heavenly caretaker and I will walk with you through eternity.

I am your shield and you are my child.

I hope it helps you, it helps me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I either listen to some really good music or hang out with my border collie. If I'm really, really stressed, I take a good long walk with my dog or jog. And, absolutely no caffeine, since that just makes it worse.
Take this one day at a time. That's all you can do.
I do read the Bible at times when I really need comfort. It helps.

Hi Meetz! I'll be keeping you and your grandmother in my prayers. As for ways to destress...I've found that deep breathing helps. Keep your eyes closed, inhale to the count of four, then exhale to the count of four. Slowly. It always helps me. Actually, I usually end up falling asleep doing it. :) But I will keep your family in my prayers.

I like to go on a long bike ride or soak in a hot bath when I'm anxious/stressed. I like to be alone with my thoughts to meditate in a way.

I know that this poem helps me when I feel like I have no where else to turn... it may not apply totally, but even for future reference.

You are not alone by Stacy Chillemi

You are not alone

I’m holding my hand out to you,

Will you come?

Trust me my love,

For I have come here from the heavens to help you,

Do not fear me.

Where I come fear doest not exist

We love,

We honor,

And forgive,

Trust me my love,

I have no evil within me

I am just here to help carry you

No one travels alone

We always have someone watching over us

To help us

To warm our soul when we are feeling cold

And to carry us when our legs are too weak to travel

You are not alone my friend,

I am here to watch over you

You may not see me

But I am here,

I am your heavenly caretaker and I will walk with you through eternity.

I am your shield and you are my child.

I hope it helps you, it helps me. :)

That is awesome!

Meetz,

we are all here for you! I also really like the poem that Eyes_Herself gave you!

my advice to you is go into a state of calmness and try to stay there... i freakout sometimes when a lots going on then just kinda let it all go give to god so to speak...

((((((((((((((HUG's))))))))))))))

love,
angel

Here for you MeetZ

My prayers go out for your grandmother. No matter what her age, I know it still hurts.

Don't fear your mammogram results. As you read last week, my family is fighting that as well. IF this is a lump, it means you have a challenge ahead of you, but it CAN BE BEAT. Mom is going to beat hers!

As soon as you are ready, share it with your family. They will help lift you up. Those boilermakers are pretty good folks over there. You have raised them well, so don't be afraid to lean on them.

For STRESS relief - scream at something or someone who won't care. PM me and vent on me. Yell at the politicians. Just let it out like you did with your co-worker. Then share your love and open yourself to all the love that will return.

Life can be joyous, death can be sad, thank our Lord that life and memories lasts much longer than that brief moment of passing.

I noticed my sets of 7-13 seizures at a time started about 6 months after my grandfather died. I was executrix of his estate and dealing with family that was not dealing well with others. Finals were coming up (Graduate level). I had also decided to run for local office. hahaha... On the eve of my first debate, my father and I were going over some of my answers to questions....

Stacy (S), Dad (D)
D; you can't say this!
S; Why not? It's true!
D; truth doesn't count in politics. How many votes do you want, six?
S: But Dad, I can't LIE to the public... that's what all the other policitians do.
D: you said it! Politicians get elected because they tell the people what they WANT to hear and then do what they can, once in office. Truth hurts.
S: Doh!

The next morning, I had 6 siezures. Three days after getting out of the hospital, my cousin died. ... another long boring story.

I have learned to de stress by meditation. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly, as I'm just doing it from a book. Relax and think of nothing.... If you start to think of a subject, remind yourself that you are there to relax and think of nothing. Close your eyes and think of colors circling in your forehead... calmly... quietly. Deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the nose or the mouth. If your hands are shaking, focus on them and tell them to stop and calm down. (make sure you're eating correctly and taking your vitamins and such).

I too will pray for you. I have heard that some people believe that when a person dies, he /she does not lose the spirit, only drops the body. They feel the body has served it's purpose and the spirit will move to a new body. At this point, the body is carbon and a few other minerals, but does not know your hurt. I am sorry for your loss. I know she would smile as you focus on getting better.

All the above methods sound worthy in their own right...

...try 'em all!

I play music till my fingers bleed...but that's me!

As we've been telling you...you got peeps!...you are not alone!

:rock:

Wishing you and yours happiness and peace,
Spencer

So sorry you are having to deal with these challenges.
Happened upon this in another group site I read:

Apple Cider Vinegar

Fresh Squeezed Lemon

One Clove of Garlic

Olive Oil

Sea Salt & Pepper to taste

(All ingredients are organic)

A dressing of this over shredded cabbage is tasty (studies show a decrease of breast cancer in Polish women by as much as 70% due to their higher cabbage intake.)
*Ju, Y.H. . . . and W.G. Helferich. 2000. Estrogenic effects of extracts from cabbage, fermented cabbage, and acidified brussels sprouts on growth and gene expression of estrogen-dependent human breast cancer (MCF-7) cells. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 48(October):4628.

I will say a pray for you. I know when I get stressed I just sit in a room by myself and just breath. Big deep breaths. That seems to help me. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Sometimes when I am really stressed, I go in my bedroom, cry, talk to my mom (who is deceased and was my best friend) and punch my pillow. Sending you BIG HUGS!!

hugs.gif

Sorry about your Grandmother. My Grandfather died on dec. 3rd. He was almost 93. It was stressful.

I play w/ my plants .... start new ones, make mini gardens :) - then I give them as gifts - the mini gardens or else the new plants.

I try to make time for it .... it really helps me to relax.

I should get back w/ my beading too - it helps slow down my breathing (very important to relaxation). I do a lot of exercise so I need activities that slow me down.

Does exercise help you ? Or something crafty ?

If your grandmother does pass on now. Try to remember I have been there. I died and came back. Then was in a coma for 5 days. It was an experience I will never forget. I left my body and I did not want to come back, It was such an all knowing ,loving, peaceful place to be. And complete. I was not sick anymore. But I heard my little boys voice and new that it was not time to go yet. But if it is for your grandmother, know that she is leaving a shell and gaining a peace and understanding that will forever uphold her. It's ok.

Back
Top Bottom