TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! (Space Cadet)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I swear I think it's mostly the meds...I feel so out of it sometimes...especially right after I take my Depakote (which I've been taking for 15 years)...it's like a "what the fudge am I doing"...or "what is happening right fudgin now" kind of thing...like I'm trapped in some sort of Bermuda triangle psychic fog or an invisible E.T. intelligence has hacked into my brain and is downloading my thoughts (and uploading random, bizarre, and just down right disturbing ones)...maybe it's a combination of things...I mean I've been getting enough sleep lately...with reeeally crazy and vivid dreams btw...but to sum it all up...

THIS is how I feel... (when my memory is being erased by aliens)

confused-cat-medium.jpg

Last edited:
haha. Nice pic.

My wife was a complete zombie when she tried Depakote. She couldn't tolerate that drug at all.

Depakote made me like that. Slept 13 hours a night. Sometimes in the day wherever and whenever I felt like it.

I'm hyper active usually anyway. I be all like (animated img):
funny-back-flip-jump-cat-animated-gif-pics.gif

But for the most part on Keppra and Vimpat I stay under control and even with the rage issues regarding Keppra, I have great patience and stay calm. I be all like under control and even with the rage issues regarding Keppra, I have great patience and stay calm. I be all like (animated img):

dog_cat_animated.gif

I hope this puts things in a way you can relate to. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Depakote made me like that. Slept 13 hours a night. Sometimes in the day wherever and whenever I felt like it.

I'm hyper active usually anyway. I be all like

But for the most part on Keppra and Vimpat I stay under control and even with the rage issues regarding Keppra, I have great patience and stay calm. I be all like under control and even with the rage issues regarding Keppra, I have great patience and stay calm. I be all like

I hope this puts things in a way you can relate to. :p

when-i-say-meow-to-my-cat.jpg

Okay so I've been analyzing this experience further...I can't help but think this is some kind of "coping mechanism" where my mind "shuts down"...however you want to perceive that it's up to you...on the other hand...it could simply be my "gift" as my wife calls it...my "creative imagination" sort of "taking control" if you will...whichever one it is whenever it is happening...it is something I am always aware of...I just choose to "ride the waves"...

Maybe as the Depakote slams you (because it always did me) your body is fighting to keep you up and positive. A coping mechanism indeed. :)

Maybe as the Depakote slams you (because it always did me) your body is fighting to keep you up and positive. A coping mechanism indeed. :)

Yeah but I've been taking Depakote for 15 years now...why the sudden change??? It's either I'm feeling dark and psychotic or looney and optimistic (but I'm always mentally disturbed in some way or another)...PICK YOUR ****** FLAVOR!!! It's hard to have a sense of "balance"...whatever it is...it's always EXTREME...then again I am a Scorpio...so I really shouldn't be surprised...I'm either the weaker more chaotic form (Scorpion) or the stronger more controlled form (Eagle)...just depends on the day/moon I guess...I'm either going to devour your brains or I'm going to share mine with you (but they will always be cooked well done by Chef Phoenix :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom