Info on our problem...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

There's some really good basic info there particularly for someone who is newly diagnosed or someone who is a caregiver or loved one of someone with e but doesn't know where to begin.
Very clearly and nicely presented but not really news to those of us who are e "veterans".

Then there are the very specific posts about things that might be very helpful to some people such as seizures in children, pets, brain injuries, and dealing with panic disorders. Great info but not something that is relevant for me.

I think as the site grows and gains more posts, it will be terrific.

Sorry I can't officially "like" anything since I don't do facebook et al.

Hi Mike, it's nice to have epilepsy information out there, though I'm not as fond of sites with ads. Like AlohaBird I'm not on Facebook, so can't help you there.

From a graphic designer viewpoint I think the site's title banner is a bit hard to read. That's probably just me though. Graphic designers obsess about things that others care very little about :)

Hi Mike, it's nice to have epilepsy information out there, though I'm not as fond of sites with ads. Like AlohaBird I'm not on Facebook, so can't help you there.

From a graphic designer viewpoint I think the site's title banner is a bit hard to read. That's probably just me though. Graphic designers obsess about things that others care very little about :)

Hi there and thanks for answering. One quick question as you say your not as fond of sites with ads. What are these ads about? I'd understand if they were not 100% related to epilepsy as they should be.

Thanks

-Mike

Hi Mike, it's nice to have epilepsy information out there, though I'm not as fond of sites with ads.

:agree: And, IMO, this site seems to be more about kids with E and pets. The types of seizures listed and the cause is very misleading. My seizures started when I was 22 years old, so this isn't something I would validate. I will stick with the www.epilepsy.com website for accurate info.

:agree: And, IMO, this site seems to be more about kids with E and pets. The types of seizures listed and the cause is very misleading. My seizures started when I was 22 years old, so this isn't something I would validate. I will stick with the www.epilepsy.com website for accurate info.

Thanks for your input, does help. :)

One quick question as you say your not as fond of sites with ads. What are these ads about? I'd understand if they were not 100% related to epilepsy as they should be.
When I pull up your site I get ads along the top and right side that are about stuff I have recently searched like a clothing company and a place that sells organic foods online. It knows my search history and is putting up ads targeted at me, not ones that have anything to do with epilepsy.

I like Bernard's policy of having the NFB practitioner ads. Since MDs can't advertise, what else could you have that would be directly related to epilepsy? I guess some people could advertise supplements and such but it would be hard to tell the snake oil from something beneficial and then you would run the risk of looking like you were endorsing all of them.

Back
Top Bottom