JME with ONLY myoclonic jerks anyone??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
As far as i can tell even my first clustered myoclonic jerks din't bring me to a grand mal and since than all i had was myoclonic jerks for a split second typically when i sit infront of a computer,playing video games in a dark room or after waking up close my eyes feel aura and if i don't open my eyes the next second=seizure until i open them which is fast lol. (when i din't knew how to control it the seizure would last for like 2-3 seconds till it will stop until i open my eyes and close them again for the first hour after i wake up wth?? :p)

is there anyone like me?? as i understood only people with JME have myoclonic jerks when it comes to epilepsy is it true???

everytime i told my doctors that only if i close my eyes something would happen they would roll their eyes from bordem or would unestly say they got no clue :p

even a really good epiliptologist said my condition was rare but din't explain anyfurther which kindda makes me think he lied.

I did have few occasions where my hand will take off into the air with open eyes but im sure it was related to the sorrounding like the flourocent lighting in my office or computer screen i just turned my head from.and those were really rare

Back
Top Bottom