Job change

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
I made the decision a month ago to quit my job at the call center. Even though I was making decent money, the stress level was through the roof triggering a massive amount of seizures.

I found a new job doing something that I absolutely love, and since I started there I've been seizure free. Not even a single aura! It's funny how just a change in the environment can effect your health.

Congratulations! Working a stressful job is bad enough, but if that stress brings on seizures, that's awful. Good for you for getting out of that situation! :)

Great to hear! Lots of people don't think that stress causes seizures....and its hard to convince them otherwise...My family are like "watchdogs" in my life and if I have any drama going on in my life and relationships etc..then they get all worried and upset and think I'm going to have a seizure...Im glad that you can recognize your own stressful situation and do something about it...I myself, of course defy any stress that I'm told might be connected to my siezures and try to make as much of a disconnect between the two as much as possible...I don't like my family trying to constantly pinpoint what EXACTLY is causing my seizures....lol and..luckily...they are not that often so that it's not an every week or month issue...all I can do is try to live a calm life....get plenty of sleep, and do my best to reduce the amount of stress in my life...and part of that is having a carefree attitude..lol...

That's so great Skyfire, really awesome news. Is your new job in a different kind of office? Sometimes there can be environmental aspects (like lights or sounds) that can be triggering in addition to the job stress.

That's so great Skyfire, really awesome news. Is your new job in a different kind of office? Sometimes there can be environmental aspects (like lights or sounds) that can be triggering in addition to the job stress.

Actually, I'm working as an educator and tour guide at a winery. It's in the country so I'm getting fresh air all day. All of my co-workers are around my age too, which is a big plus!

Back
Top Bottom