Joint Pain

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gnault

New
Reaction score
I am on Lamotrigine right now and I have been on Tegrtol and Dilantin. Many of the medications mention joint pain. Those of you that have joint pain is it localized or general joint pain in various joints? As time goes by it seems that my shoulders, especially the right shoulder, joints are experiencing joint pain. It seems like the right shoulder feels like it may be progressively getting worse. I don't recall joint pain until the Lamotrigine which I have been on for almost three years now. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor to talk about it.

Gilles

I have joint pain also right shoulder at moment.xray shows arthritis is there connection with Lamotrigine and joint pain

I have pain in the shoulder joint, but it's related to damage from seizures rather than a medication side effect.

(Magnesium deficiency causes and underpins chronic inflammatory build ups. This concept is intriguing because it suggests a fundamentally simpler way of warding off disease. Instead of different treatments for heart disease, Alzheimer’s and colon cancer, we apply a single, inflammation-reducing remedy that would prevent or treat these and other deadly diseases. The key words here are ‘prevent’ or ‘treat’ but please notice the word is not cure. Though magnesium is a cure for many of our ailments full treatment protocols are recommended with magnesium chloride as the top protocol item. It is a protocol of basic items like magnesium, iodine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium thiosulfate, whole food vitamin C, natural vitamin D from the sun, spirulina and some other important items like purified water that will make a difference in a host of chronic diseases.) Dr. Sircus posted the quote above.

I noticed a difference in some lower back pain with magnesium. Vitamins can be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom