Keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searching

New
Reaction score
Aura's and seizures occurring for several years. Currently prescribed Keppra, 1,500mg, 2x/day.

Developed a prostate issue & prescribed Flomax and I'm trying to learn if Keppra is excreted in the urine. Can urinating 2-3 times per day and 2-3 times during the evening reduce the effectiveness of Keppra? Is it lost in urine?

Thanks.....

Your body does excrete things via the kidneys & urine. However urinating more means you're excreting more liquid but doesn't mean that your kidneys are processing Keppra any faster.

What is relevant is the half-life of Keppra & how quickly it breaks down to be absorbed.

Also, I moved your post to the kitchen so you're not confused.

I'm on keppra, depakote, tegretol and lamictal. I go to the bathroom a ton all day (#1 and #2). I drink alot, my mouth always seems dry. I don't know if that could be a side effect of one of the meds or not.

I go so much that my husband actually complained about how much toilet paper we go through. I told him I've got 2 ends to wipe and if he wanted me to stop wiping one of them I would - haven't heard a word about the toilet paper since.

Ive been taking Keppra for over 13 years now and havnt noticed any "change" with using the restroom more or less.

...I go so much that my husband actually complained about how much toilet paper we go through. I told him I've got 2 ends to wipe and if he wanted me to stop wiping one of them I would - haven't heard a word about the toilet paper since.

Loved this, thank you for the chuckle.

I drink a ton of water so I feel like I'm always in the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom