Keppra Rage?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Stephen Johnsons syndrome goes away when you stop taking the medication that caused it. You will never be able to take that med again, which is why you could say it never goes away, but it's an allergy and only happens when you are in contact with the thing you're allergic to. You should not ever have it again--your doctor should make sure of that. I 'have' it, and my neuro is very careful about the meds he gives me, so I haven't had a reaction for four years. Ideally, you'll wear an alert bracelet, too.

When I got Stephens Johnson Syndrome it put a giant puss bubble blister on my left arm. They did a biopsy to figure out thats what it was. The thing I do know about SJS is that If I take naproxen it makes my arm itch and then it flares up. I usually have to take doxycycline to fight it.

Stephen Johnsons can be fatal. You need a doctor you will figure out what's causing it and you need to stop taking things that cause flare ups. If your doc is regularly trying to control flare ups with antibiotics instead of trying to get to the bottom of the cause, your doc is risking your life and you need to find another one.

Back
Top Bottom