Keppra RDY 1-82 vs Keppra M-615

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kornfuzed

New
Reaction score
Hello. I just got my 2nd bottle of 500mg Keppra pills. My first bottle came from one pharmacy. The pills are beige and say "RDY" on one side and " 1 | 82" on the other. My second batch was from a different pharmacy. They're white, a little smaller and say "M | 615" on one side (blank on the other). Also, I do have insurance and my co-pay on bottle 2 was 80% cheaper than bottle 1.

I found both pills on drugs.com and noticed the M-615 version has fewer inactive ingredients. I was just wondering if anyone has had different reactions to different "versions" of Keppra? Was one more effective than the other? Did one have side effects but the other did not?

Honestly... I feel I had a reaction when changing pharmacies and brands. Same name, different manufacturer and different looking pills. Just my experience, but on the generic Keppra and sort of doing okay, then switched and whammy.... downhill from there. Im very sensitive to lots of things and have lots of allergies, so keep that in mind. It may be more likely the fillers that got me. I read somewhere that most neurologists insist that their patients take brand name only. They are quite expensive. $430 a month for the Keppra vs $38 for the generic. Im cash pay so of course had to go with generic. Would get brand name only if you can afford it. Brand name is typically better.

These are both generic. The first pharmacy mentioned the non-generic for $400+ so I went with the generic. The new bottle says Mfr: Mylan. Pharm #2 kept my old bottle so I don't know who the manufacturer was on the first pills.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I start taking the new pills.

Thanks!

I take Keppra-500 mgs. The Mfr. is UCB or non-generic. My epileptologist says "NO generic" for me. Most generics do have fillers, therefore you will notice a difference with the way they interact. For a short while, I had changed pharmacies and they mistakenly switched me to generic and my auras/seizures increased. Now I'm back on the real thing, and the seizures are under control again.

My insurance covers it.

The RDY 1 82 pills are from "Dr. Reddy's Laboratory" (from Drugs.com).

I'm one of the lucky ones that can take generic Levetiracetam (Keppra) with no noticeable problems and excellent seizure control. I think I have had 4 different manufacturers in the last 3 years. The pharmacist is really good about notifying me about the change in manufacturers. There was one time they couldn't give me one manufacturer because it wasn't covered under my insurance plan. Thankfully I have really good prescription coverage, generic only costs me $10 a month.

Hope you don't have any issues with the change in manufacturer.

I use gen brand keppra and have had decent seizure control and going to be upping my dose with neuro approval of course! buu if offered the brand I would mind trying it but that would be up to my neuro of course and if my primary ins and secondary ins if they'd both cover it!

These are both generic. The first pharmacy mentioned the non-generic for $400+ so I went with the generic. The new bottle says Mfr: Mylan. Pharm #2 kept my old bottle so I don't know who the manufacturer was on the first pills.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I start taking the new pills.

Thanks!

Mine were both generics. But if you aren't that sensitive to stuff, it will probably be fine. At least now you'll know if things change, what the cause is. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom