kidney infection - not keppras fault

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
I decided to go to the ER last night... well, it wasnt the keppra making mr sick they did a bunch of test white blood count , urin test x ray of my bladder and kidneys....
I have a kidney infection and two kidney stones the doctor in the er told me that keppra wast causing it.... it my vur...

Its good and bad news I wont have to quit keppra.... now i just have to spend some time with doctors over my kidneys....... Im going to be calling my neuro back to let him know whats going on because i got made at them thinking the keppra was causing me to be so sick..." I feel bad for getting so upset with them" anyways they put me on some pain meds and cipro & Iv antibiotic.....if anyone wants to pray for me or send healing id really like that ! :) im fighting this infection I dont want to end up staying in the hosptial over this...... im back to bed just wanted to give you guys an update:)

I hope all is well with everyone!!!

Love angel

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel, you know our prayers are with you.

thanks majorT and Robin, Im starting to wonder about my seizures.... may be they are caused by my kidney problems... I was reading about it just a few min ago... I cant sleep "moms going to take me to go pick up some meds" so i have to stay awake...... the doctor in the er asked me alot of questions like when was the last time i had kidney surgery:( yikes..... ive been avoiding the urologist because of the cost... 1 appointment is very expensive... I,m starting to worry just a little about renal falure...... OR that they may need to do another surgery ..... I dont like going under the knife.... for any reason.... Im really scared right now.... not knowing fully whats going on.....

love angel

Angel, it's great that you got a positive diagnosis so you can treat the real problem now. We're wishing you a fast recovery. :angel:

Angel, it's great that you got a positive diagnosis so you can treat the real problem now. We're wishing you a fast recovery. :angel:

thanks Bernard,

yup, fast recovery thats what i want! If the seizures are caused by my kidney problem in a way that might be a good thing because i think that would mean i dont have E im not sure how it all works tho... we will see...:star: then maybe I wont have to take e meds" hoping Or just dreaming..." if they can fix the problem.....

what im wondering is if i can get disibility just to have medical so i can get these problems taken care of ..... ill have to talk to my doctors about all this I have many questions right now...... im able to work i feel though when im feeling good we will see... WE ARE ALL OF US :boxin:!!!

love angel

Results: Eight unexplained clusters were perceived in prospective study. 3 (hyperbilirubinemia in exchange range hypocalcemic seizures and vesicoureteric reflux) proved statistically not significant. 3 were small clusters of uncommon diseases / manifestations (biliary atresia, cardiomyopathy, and acral gangrene). Two large significant clusters, major non-traumatic bleeding manifestations (MNTBM) and acute renal failure (ARF) occurred to which retrospective study was extended. Tmax and Tmin (average maximum and minimum daily temperature) had statistically significant positive correlation with ARF

it looks like i may be having hypocalcemic seizures? whatever that is .....

its the only thing i can find assoiated with E and vur .....

(((((((( Angel )))))))))

Thoughts and prayers abides and hope you're
feeling better soon! Sorry you had to end up
in the ER!

:rose:

(((((((( Angel )))))))))

Thoughts and prayers abides and hope you're
feeling better soon! Sorry you had to end up
in the ER!

:rose:

thank you brain:) how are you feeling? better I hope.. having to go to the er is no fun... I took a pain killer and feel pretty good right at this time.... I think there is a connection of my seizures and kidneys.... Im pretty sure im not having renal falure because lol i think its something else that has to do with vur... Ive never really thought the two could be connected... i dont know.....

thank you brain:) how are you feeling?

I feel with my hands!
(ducking head)

:lol:

I'm coming out of the woozy stage and back into
loony stage! hee hee hee! Maybe Birdy's right,
I am a "nutcase" ... :lol:

But I hear you on the ER ~ for one can only take
so much on Hospitals, Doctors, and all that yadda,
yadda, yadda ... to a point where you almost can
do it all yourself (Self-Service :?: I wonder if that
would be cheaper :?:)

But yes, AED's can take a strain and toll on your
body; there really isn't any "safe" AED, they all
are destructive to some degree in one way or
another which has been a main problem and issue
that's been around for ages.

It often leaves patients in dilemma - either seize
or take the AEDs. But more and more are seeking
to turn to alternative methods and modes as they
learn how destructive AED's are -OR- they have
become SO SICK of "here let's try this AED or that
AED" where they've become sick, zombies, or sent
to places they've never gone to before (reaction
to the AED) ...

While true - surgery works for some, and surgery
has partially work for some, and surgery had failed
for others. People have begun to become desperate.

They are all in the same boat - they hate EPILEPSY
for all that it is worth - whether it's their own little
baby or a full grown adult who's suffering from it.

It
takes
a
toll
on
you ......

Hi Angel: Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!! When I took the AEDS I went to the
acupuncturist regualry to keep my kidneys and liver strong. Its a suggestion it always
helped me . Espically when I was on depkene and I held water , lost my period ,my hair,my nails . I never had any damage to my organs cause I always went to the acupunturist. You can check out a acupuncture school or clicnic for discounted prices.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Riva

Angel,
Did you know one of the very rare side effects of Keppra is infection? I only know this because I was one of those people that got that side effect. I ended up in the hospital once, and was at my doctors office every other week with a U.T.I.
When I didn't have a U.T.I. I had a yeast infection. It wasn't pretty

Hi Angel: Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!! When I took the AEDS I went to the
acupuncturist regualry to keep my kidneys and liver strong. Its a suggestion it always
helped me . Espically when I was on depkene and I held water , lost my period ,my hair,my nails . I never had any damage to my organs cause I always went to the acupunturist. You can check out a acupuncture school or clicnic for discounted prices.

Riva

acupuncturist ....... I dont like needles OUCH! when i was having botox injections for my neck since being on keppra the muscles in my neck and back are relaxed and not twitching...

Angel,
Did you know one of the very rare side effects of Keppra is infection? I only know this because I was one of those people that got that side effect. I ended up in the hospital once, and was at my doctors office every other week with a U.T.I.
When I didn't have a U.T.I. I had a yeast infection. It wasn't pretty

no, I didn't know that..... this infection is in my kidneys... I thought it was a uti or a bladder infection... the doctor who
checked me out in the er ive seen before, a year ago.. for a uti.... he told me that i have two kidney stones that ones in bedded in my kidney and the other is in beded in the wall of my bladder he wants them checked out by my urologists.... the er doctor thinks that they may be causing infections.... I really dont want to have to change aeds again SO Im going to try and hope for the best:) I wont know for sure until i can go see my urologist .... my vur is active grade 4 Im not going to rule out the possibility though of meds I dont feel its from the meds this time.... we will see ps the ER doctor that they had check me out last night works also at the reg doctors clinic hes one of the best doctors at the clinic so i fully trust his opinion...

Love angel

Riva

I talked to the pharmacist she helped me pick up some vit with all natural binders:brock: she and i also started discussing the idea of me trying the gard diet... she says that i would probably be good for me she said that it would be harder for me to do because i should watch my protein cant go over 40 % doctors say to stay at 20% is what she said... but she thinks 40% protein intake would be okay ... i love cheese...ishe told me fetta cheese which i like very much its made from goats milk.... I love cheese:) one thing id having trouble giving up is cheese.... I guess goats milk is good if its processed right... anyways she told my pretty much about everything benard has said about the gard diet except id have to adjust it for my kidneys......

You can look for a acupressure Dr instead of acupuncturist. I was orginally terrified of the acupuncturist and it ended up being my life saver and the needles never bothered me. But their are always other options like reflexlogy . Instead of going for reflexlogy I use this patch on my feet everynite and it cleans my organs. You can check it out at www.verseo.com Your looking for the verseo patches.
This is the second time I try the Gard diet,but I am prepared for it this time. I am out of meds ,plus I am off my meds its helping me to lose weight when I blew up because of a underactive thyroid. So I am thrilled with it.

Riva

You can look for a acupressure Dr instead of acupuncturist. I was orginally terrified of the acupuncturist and it ended up being my life saver and the needles never bothered me. But their are always other options like reflexlogy . Instead of going for reflexlogy I use this patch on my feet everynite and it cleans my organs. You can check it out at www.verseo.com Your looking for the verseo patches.
This is the second time I try the Gard diet,but I am prepared for it this time. I am out of meds ,plus I am off my meds its helping me to lose weight when I blew up because of a underactive thyroid. So I am thrilled with it.

Riva

thank you riva ill se about getting the patch:)

ps lol HAPPY 2 MONTHS TO YOU!!!!1:star::hi5:

brain just the thought of having to go through surgery for anything makes me cringe.....

brain just the thought of having to go through surgery for anything makes me cringe.....

Surgery today is very advanced and very good
and very different from 10-20-30-40 years ago. I've
had surgeries since I was barely a toddler. Surgery
and Surgical Procedures have come a long, long
ways. I have had many surgeries performed of all
types and of all sorts.

Last edited:

Surgery today is very advanced and very good
and very different from 10-20-30-40 years ago. I've
had surgeries since I was barely a toddler. Surgery
and Surgical Procedures have come a long, long
ways. I have had many surgeries performed of all
types and of all sorts.

Its been 15 years since my last surgery for my kidneys...
Ive been reading about keppras side effects on kidneys today its hard to find a lot of info about this subject..

.... has anyone ever found anything related to keppra and renal failure ? causing

Back
Top Bottom