leafblowers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Do leaf blowers or anything with that type motor triggers seizures? I'm not sure if it is causing me to have a partial seizure or exactly what is happening. I feel like my eyes are going to cross & I have a weird feeling like I'm losing consciousness if I don't get away from it. I have to wear ear protection when one is being used. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem. Thanks.

Do you feel stressed out by noise? Temporal lobe epilepsy can make us very sensitive to sound, so the first thing that comes to mind is that those sounds are causing anxiety, which is causing the seizures? When my epilepsy is especially out of control, I struggle to handle any sounds at all. When I have a week or two seizure free, I don't even hear the sounds around me.

Thanks Kirsten, I am very sensitive to noise. I have Meniere's & that makes me more sensitive. Sometimes it will trigger a migraine & not seizure, both are bad.

I would defiantly agree that if you have problems with noise then that could be triggering the seizures.

I didn't have any problems with noise before hand but I was worried about going to concerts when I was first diagnosed. Not only for the noise but for the lighting that may be going on. I figured I'd give it a try - the worst thing that would happen would be I'd have a seizure. Luckily I was ok and have been going to them since.

The only real noise problem is my husband's snoring. We have to sleep in separate bedrooms because of it! :roflmao:

valeried, lol! I know what you mean about the snoring. thanks for the reply.

I have problems with loud, deep tones. My friend and I go see a local band play, but I have to stand farther back.

I personally hate leaf blowers, especially the gas ones. They do make a lot of noise and not to mention a lot of emissions that are not good for the environment. Not only that, all they do is blow around the dust particles, that can contain all sorts of bacteria from pets feces to other harmful junk.

I my opinion, Leaf Blowers should be band.

:piano: :pop:

Back
Top Bottom