Lemictal, Valium, and Remeron

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My Keppra does not work all too well, the Valium does at 45mg, the doctor is going to put me on 15mg of Remeron for sleep and start me at 25mg of Lemictal, can these be taken together?

My most concern is my liver, though I've not had liver problems.

Thanks, Billy

If you don't have any pre-existing liver or kidney problems you should be fine. But, regardless, if you have any concerns at all about meds in combination, or potential side effects, you should definitely call your doctor for more information. As a back-up, you should also be able to get some information from your pharmacist, but your best bet is talking to your doctor.

If you do get a drug induced liver problem, you'll get a splotchy rash! This happens early on before serious damage, so look out for that. I would worry a little more about long term valium actually, its the most effective, fast acting mofo, but its addictive, you need to take more and more, and without it you get "rebounds" and anxiety depression etc. I had some problems a few years back with it and now use gabapentin.. similar to a benzo, acts on gaba

jimi, gabapentin is not similar to a benzo. It needs to be taken daily for effectiveness, rather than when needed. Valium should work within the hour, vs. gabapentin can take up to three weeks to be effective.

Gabapentin also works differently in the body. My partner takes xanax and has no issues with it. Gabapentin, on the other hand, he had a severe reaction to.

1,000 mg, 1 Gram of Neurontin is equivalent to 0.5mg Klonopin (Rivotril) or Xanax, as I have read. Neurontin is very light weight, I hear...
Billy.

I was ill on lamotrigine for 7 months having only taken the meds for four days! Professionals have told me this has happened to people starting tegretol. Tegretol works for me where as lamotrigine works for others!
:)

Back
Top Bottom