Losing hair in patches...take Depakote ER...anyone else?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jag8728

New
Reaction score
Hey, I found a bald patch on the top of my head about two months ago, some of it is growing back, and now there is quarter-sized one on the back of my head. Both are on the right side of my scalp, one towards the front, and the one on the back is level with the ear, right of center of the back of the head.

Alopecia, or the meds?

I use to lose hair like crazy on depakote. My brother in law also lost his hair on depakote

nothing we could find we tried vitamins and hair treatments. I lost my hair all of it when i came off of it. and than it grew back in different

Sorry I didn't have any good luck with depakote and neither is my brother in law.

Did take Depakote for the first yr after my accident . Started with hair waist long ended up shaving it all off.
Between the break age , and bald patches it was too upsetting
Oh and the weight gain was horrible!

Back
Top Bottom