Lots of unusual jerking!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joeyrory

New
Reaction score
Just a quick question!

I have TLE with SPS and CPS.

Yesterday I had a complex partial after my usual simple partial aura. I'm always very very sleepy afterwards and as soon as im 'back with it' so to speak, I usually curl up and sleep.

Yesterday whilst trying to fall asleep just after my seizure there were two things that were unusual this time that I noticed:

1. The left side of my face was repeatedly jerking and twitching , the side of my mouth and my eye. Not hugely worried about this
2. You know when you're about to fall asleep and you 'fall' and your whole body jerks? I had about 7-8 of these when trying to fall asleep.

Anybody have an insight into whats happening here or is this all usual stuff I shouldn't take any notice of?

Thanks!

1. Could be myoclonus or myoclonic seizures; it is sometimes difficult to distinguish the two.
2. These are called hypnic jerks, and are very normal.

The facial part of your twitching was probably part of the partial seizures though--that is a common motor feature of a partial seizure.

1. Could be myoclonus or myoclonic seizures; it is sometimes difficult to distinguish the two.
2. These are called hypnic jerks, and are very normal.

Thanks,

I'll keep an eye on it.

I've had the hypnic jerks before but never so many within 10-15 minutes! A coincidence maybe.

Back
Top Bottom