Migraines and seizures...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
Hi all! I am sure I am not the only one who suffers from migraines. My migraines are the best kind actually! Silent ones! No pain! Just flashes of lights and no accompanying headaches. Or maybe they are just seizures too but hey, it is the brain so it is all just one bundle of fun.

Recently I have been getting bursts of pain in my right temple just before my seizures and that is something new and I just wondered if it is my body coping with a migraine or just a fun new aura.

They never have quite figured me out absolutely so I don't go running to my neurologist with every little thing so I am just musing out loud internet style.

Maybe it is just an ice pick headache or something new as I approach my 40th birthday! Well, it isn't until July but it's coming. Bring it. I feel my body is in revolt already! Eek! lol! Maybe one day I will feel like an adult. My kids think 30 is ancient. I have only found 2 grey hairs on my head and that ain't bad.

Happy September to you all!

Any migraine that I've had always involves pain. I didn't know there were ones that don't.

I don't think I've ever gotten a migraine, of any sort, before a seizure but I will almost always get one after. It's horrible and lasts forever. I've tried all sorts of different meds but nothing has worked. I just lay there with an ice pack on my head and something over my eyes to block out light.

It's something that you'd probably want to mention to your neruo or if there's a dr who you go to specifically for your migraines. It could help them figure things out?

I get silent migraines too, with the visual auras, no headaches per se, but in my case I get nausea and sharp pain in my ear with loud sounds and in my eye with bright light. Could your sharp pains be associated with bright light or sound and be a new element to the silent migraine? Lots of people with silent migraines get all the other classic migraine symptoms without the continual headache. If not, and they really are a sharp pain before a seizure, I'd talk to your dr about it. I'm like you and irritate people on the board bc I 'don't go running to my dr" all that often either but that's one you should discuss in my opinion . . .

Thanks guys! It has only happened once so far...if it becomes a trend I will certainly be reporting it to my "head" doctors!

Learning today how uric acid is released in seizure. Migraine used to be called a "uric acid headache."

Also learning how uric acid is lowered or regulated by lactic acid bacteria and how some scientists are exploring use of probiotics for migraine.

Back
Top Bottom