MRI result: Pineal cyst

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jazz'smum

New
Reaction score
Jacinta 's MRI results showed a 1.5cm Pineal cyst.
I have been told its not the cause of her seizures.
We will repeat another MRI in 6 months to check on size or change.
Other then that the nuerologist is very pleased with the results of seizure control on Epilum, we will start removing the Ospolot slowly and hope it goes well.
Just updating people here that have offered supported and advice, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Cheryl.

Yup

I, too, have one.

The only thing that I have to do is add melatonin to my regimen to help me sleep.........the pineal gland is where melatonin is made, and it helps us sleep. If we do not make enough of it, we do not make it to a deep enough state of sleep to get to the restful sleep that we need..........if any of that makes sense.......

Though not perfect news, it is on the UP side. Continued prayers headed your way.

Does make sense thanks Meetz. :agree:
Does that type of cyst remain permanently?
Jacinta does get out of bed quite early some mornings and says she couldnt get back to sleep.And probably isn't sleeping as well as she should be.
I will mention any problems to Nuero in January she may suggest melatonin.

Thanks for prayers Buckeyefan, yes, we are really pleased things are going well.

Thanks for posting the update, and prayers
and thoughts abides along with much hugs!

Mmmmm,

yes, the cyst will remain permanently, so far as I know, unless it is removed. There is no point to removing it, either, unless it starts to grow. As long as it remains stable, and relatively unchanging, then there should be no problems.

My neuro found mine about 8 years ago, and who knows how long it had actually been there? Mine's a bit larger than hers, not much. I just faithfully take my melatonin, and I do much better with my sleep.........and no caffeine for AT LEAST 6 to 8 hours before bedtime.

Now, I actually DREAM on occasion, where I wasn't before because I wasn't getting to that point. It's very interesting. :ponder:

... Other then that the nuerologist is very pleased with the results of seizure control on Epilum, we will start removing the Ospolot slowly and hope it goes well. ...

That sounds encouraging. :)

Thanks Sharon
The support and prayers i get from you are appreciated a lot. Hugs to you too.

Yes Meetz ,According to wikipedia the cyst can be up to 2cm lol had to look somewhere!
Jacinta had a CAT scan done at 4 when diagnosed with epilepsy, it showed nothing, so i wouldnt know how long its been there for either.
Good that your sleeping with the melatonin, will definatley remember in case its needed here.

Is going well so far Bernard, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom