My Daughter

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LeighAnn

New
Reaction score
I havent been on here in a while but I have some questions that I hope someone can answer. What can I give my little girl that is natural to help with her seizures and violent behavior? And since her seizures have gotten worse this year, and we have increased her meds and changed them, all this is not controling them anymore. The Dr is now getting her ready for brain surgery. Has anyone else been thru this and if so what are your results?

I'm sure the doctor would have a better idea what to put your daughter on than anyone else.

Do be careful if you try herbs or supplements. Even they do have side-effects & can interact with medications. Remember, cyanide, belladonna & arsenic are all natural too.

In some ways herbs might be worse because there's less research done on them.

Last edited:
Is she old enough to try neurofeedback?

You might want to see if that's a possibility. More info about neurofeedback is here:

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/eeg-neurofeedback-501/

Here's one provider of neurofeedback in Tennessee, and I'm sure there are others:
http://providers.eegspectrum.com/US/MarkBarnes/

Although he doesn't indicate that he treats epilepsy, he may be able to do the therapy while working in conjunction with a practitioner who does have experience in treating epilepsy. (A practitioner local to me has suggested a similar scenario, though I haven't yet followed up with him).

Back
Top Bottom