My EEG Results Are In

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I literally JUST got the call from my Neurologists office. His nurse called me. I called the office and asked that the nurse let me know and she just called. She said that the results showed the EEG was normal, showed no abnormal findings BUT also said "A Sleep Deprived EEG may produce more or better results" Not in those exact words but that is what was meant. SO, now I wait to see my Neurologist, which is exactly 3 weeks from today.

He may or may not order a Sleep Deprived EEG, we'll have to see I guess. Although it's a relief that it's normal, it's also frustrating cause I still have no answers to why the seizure happened. I may never know but maybe a sleep deprived EEG may show different. I guess I'll find out if my Neurologist orders one. Anyway, those are the results. At least now I know and don't have to wait 3 weeks. lol

I'm glad I got the results too cause I didn't want to wait 3 weeks but wish I had some answers too. It's kind of scary cause I don't have answers and what if what triggered the seizure is just lurking around the corner of my brain or somewhere in my environment, not knowing if it'll explode and I'll have another. The reason is there, just don't know what it is yet.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm sure I'm headed for a Video EEG, I plan on making sure it's sleep deprived and finding out what else I need to deprive myself of.

I'm still trying to determine if my first EEG was even with in the first 24 hours after a seizure.

I know how you feel, still don't have clear answers to where mine are coming from. My drugs seem to work less and less. Hope they can figure it out for everybody

I read The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Epilepsy. [I spend a lot of time at the library since I have been unemployed.] The book mentions that it can be just as beneficial to not know where seizures are originating or why. It's important to make peace, you know? You may never know. Carpe diem! At least until we/scientists learn more about the brain.

There are questionable factors that can contribute, but a lot of seizures are idiopathic or cryptogenic. My last EEG was normal. Often, a lot of epilepsy patients' EEGs are normal between seizures. From what I read, it's not uncommon.

Hope this helps.

At least I have the knowledge that my seizures aren't due to brain tumors, that's one of the things they look for. I see my Neurologist December 4th so we'll see what he says about the EEG, I may not have full details yet. We'll see if he wants a sleep deprived EEG

Yeah, knowing that my MRI and CT were good was a big relief. But, it can still be frustrating when your EEG is normal....especially if your medical community isn't really helping based on that ONE test. Nevermind that your body and mind are still experiencing this, but that "all important test is normal!! You must be ok!" It's that kind of BS that makes it frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom