my head feels weird

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

its the meds... & I was stressed too... the weird feeling seems to go away as long as i eat small meals through out the day... the rash I dont have this morning so im thinking my skin is just more sinsitive on Carbamazepine. thanks for the advice mamaruns and everyone.

no I dont think its fibromyalgia i read up on it this morning.....

I just need to adjust to this new med. my head hasnt been blanking out for a few days and i havent had jumbled speach ...... as long as I eat through out the day.. so im thinking blood sugar or something...

I have a appointmennt april 4 with my neuro. so ill talk to him about it

love,
angel

Fuzzy head, check; forgetful, check check

Darn it, Angel, I wish I read your question about two years ago when you posted, so that I could respond. Anyway, I'm also getting that fuzzy head feeling, and I get it from time to time, usually when I forgot meds or don't sleep much (so I know it's not a good thing). Although I have it now and neither is relevant. I'll chalk it up to that time of the month (since you don't know me, I might as well be blunt).

I can take feeling fuzzy and nervous about it; i just get home and take a nap, but the memory thing is really a killer. Just my luck, my parents were always into emphasizing school, so about 1/2 of my confidence hinges entirely on how well I'm doing in the classroom. Well wouldn't you know it, I somehow got onto the history path, and am trying to finish my MA in it, so that I could teach. Yes, history, I could really have not picked a worse topic or a worse career if memory is an issue (talk about capitalizing on your weaknesses). But I'm 3/4 through school, and I just don't know how to fix my path or what I even want my path to be. Like I said, the memory thing is so frustrating, and makes me feel really stupid. Not to mention that it makes me seem like a spacey ditz. Most of the times, I can handle jokes about forgetting things and having the attention span of a gnat, but sometimes it really overwhelms me.

As a matter of fact, once one of my friends made one too many snarky comments about something I forgot, and I announced that anyone who makes fun of me for not remembering is a B*t!h because it is a result of my epilepsy. The car and all three other girls who were in it went dead silent (I'm not sure if I was more proud or more remorseful about that one, a little of both I think). Actually, I don't even know the extent to which my memory is affected by either meds (I'm on Lamictal) or my epilepsy (Juvenile Myoclonic), but I'd prefer to blame it on that than on myself.

I have to say, what I was really hoping to find when I searched "fuzzy head" and "epilepsy" (that's how I got here) was someone to tell me it's going to get better. I'm trying to hold out hope that some magic pill or fix will come along and restore me to what I want to be, b/c I'm so frustrated w/my head. At least tell me that it's medication and not permanent damage. Sigh...

I know what you mean. Of course, I don't get enough sleep, so I don't know how much of my morning wooziness is caused by sleep deprivation, epilepsy, or both... Sometimes I will get this strange feeling in my head, the only way I can describe it is that my brain feels 4x heavier than normal.

Also, I'm an extremely forgetful person. It's not uncommon for me to forget something someone just told me seconds ago. I'm infamous among my friends for having a horrible memory.

Have you

considered doing things like working puzzles (crosswords, sudoku) memory games, and possibly checking out neurofeedback, Sigh?? You might want to think about it...

BTW, welcome to CWE... :)

Back
Top Bottom